Need a tutorial to self implanting on the edge of the hand

Thank you very much Dude !

I found this, the insertion is difficult.

Is it the video you talked?

Just asking - why a self-install? That’s a part of the hand where I would really struggle to get the correct angle and all that… (left aside that I’m reaaaaally not suitable for self-installing at all, in general^^)

I have an xM1 closer to my pinky than my knives edge. Reason being that the knives edge is used way more than you realise and having the implant there may be awkward. Thus mine was put closer to my pinky/small finger and haven’t run into any issues with the placement.

I found that video before @Junglebanana (was about to link it too). I know of another one that shows the process a little more Video Found.. The skin around the knives edge is a little thicker so expect some more pressure and more sudden ‘pop’.

Personally, I wouldn’t self install on the knives edge. More so since you know other people who could do it, I would hold off on the self install for the knives edge.

1 Like

Nope, this one better. The other was of @Zktat2s install, and it looks like the piercer just went for it (IIRC, they hit a vein)

1 Like

Ooooohhhhhh, this one’s new. Thank you. I feel less upset that I haven’t had a chance to get my installer’s video yet. There wasn’t much I could find when I went to go get mine done, and I was looking for something to take with me when I was hunting down an installer.

2 Likes

Pilgrim coming in clutch with the links.

I had his pulled up earlier, but couldn’t find the video. I was going to tag him in hopes he could provide it, but looks like he’s been offline for a while.

2 Likes

Because it’s not popular where I live so I don’t think a professional will be much more experienced than me. Very few piercers near me who implant chips.
My colleagues are very experienced with injections and it seems very easy to do.

1 Like

Okay, I really guess it depends a lot on where you live…

But that sounds like a solid alternative to self-implanting :wink:

2 Likes

The self-install may have been a language barrier thing. One of their earlier posts had some french in it.
I totally agree though, that’s a super awkward angle to do yourself. Best to have a friend do it.

I guess I could have just read the PS too…

1 Like

Yes I speak French.

When I say self implanting, I mean doing it yourself, without the help of a REAL professional such as a piercer etc.
Amateurish, yourself or with the help of a friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, I’ll loop this video and do it with my collegues :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I say self implanting, I mean doing it yourself, without the help of a REAL professional such as a piercer etc.

Self install = by yourself, alone, no additional persons.

I totally agree though, that’s a super awkward angle to do yourself. Best to have a friend do it.

Agree with this also. The placement is at an odd angle, stay safe and get someone to help.

Thank you very much, I’ll loop this video and do it with my collegues

You are welcome! If you can, take a video/some pictures for others that have the same questions in the future and update us with how it goes! Stay safe and all the best

I misspoke, sorry.

I’ll try to find the least annoying spot, near the pinky rather than the wrist if I understand correctly.

I will try to make a video or photos if possible

Thanks for your advice guys, it helps me a lot !

I’ll try to find the least annoying spot, near the pinky rather than the wrist if I understand correctly

Since this is an unofficial position, there is no advised place to put the implant. I chose to put mine nearer my pinky finger rather than on the edge of the hand/knives edge.

Image of placement

ad30b8514b18e15f58b6a7a197722c0e62b04b5b_2_345x204

Black dots show where the implant sits. Note its more on the back of my hand than it is on the knives edge.

A small detail I never thought of; I have medium sized hands but when putting my hand into something I definitely notice the implant. For example, cleaning a glass, cup, mug etc. I put my hand into the glass and rotate it to clean the bottom. I feel (not painful) the implant pushing on the side of the glass.

It’s discreet, I like it.

I also have medium sized hands but it is rare that I put my hand so far into a glass to wash it ^^
I don’t see too much of a situation where it could be a problem for me.

Either I do it like you, or really to the limit as I planned. The goal is for my chips to be discreet, not disturbing. Seems best to me to be able to place other chips on my hands in the future.

I really would have liked to have it done between my index finger and my thumb but it’s such a convenient, and comfortable space that I would rather keep it for a bigger chip. I don’t think it’s possible to put 2 chips in this place without the risk of collision.

Or, I put a chip between my thumb and forefinger now and in a few months the muscle tissue will wrap around the chip and I can put another one next to it. It can avoid a collision. What do you think?

The goal is for my chips to be discreet, not disturbing. Seems best to me to be able to place other chips on my hands in the future.

Remember you have two hands :laughing:! There are quite a few places to put xSeries chips that I wouldn’t worry about running out of space. Only when you consider flexSeries chips more thought is needed on placement.

I really would have liked to have it done between my index finger and my thumb but it’s such a convenient, and comfortable space that I would rather keep it for a bigger chip. I don’t think it’s possible to put 2 chips in this place without the risk of collision.

You can put two chips/implants between the thumb and index finger with some space (~2mm) between, probably the only place you could really pull that off.

An xray showing multiple chips in hand

From @Satakjar xray showing two between the thumb and index, one in the knives edge.
Source Post.

You could, in theory (I’m not aware of anyone who has done this), put one closer to the pinky and one lower in the knives edge. I don’t have any experience of this or know of anyone on here who has done so already, additional research should be done before seriously considering this.

1 Like

Just be careful when you play the drums on the steering wheel, or when doing some sweet karate moves! :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :joy:

2 Likes

Asking here to prevent another thread, as for multiple devices. If I were to implant a Spark 2 and NExT, one in position 4 and one in position 3 they be far enough apart? Or should I put one in position two instead. (Note: have one currently in position 0 if that matters)Implant Sutra - An index of implant positions that have been discussed and/or tried for reference