New NFC Implant Toolkit Application

I believe this is in case you want to access directly the nfc reader from the pc but since you already can read and retrieve content with the app why not read the tag on the android device and then send the information through the usb like any other info? I might be wrong here, this is really not my field :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@anon3825968 will be able to clarify, but I think if you put it in developer mode, even without an app installed and no kernel mods you can use it over USB - but i could be entirely mistaken on that!

1 Like

Great points! I’ll definitely take a look into this!!! It’d definitely be a stand out feature if we could get that into the application:)

1 Like

Possible. I wouldn’t do it over USB, but you can. There’s a app setup called vscd by Frank Mornger that includes this info. It routes APDUs over IP. It’s mostly written there and I seem to remember it working on windows - can’t be sure on that though.

2 Likes

I played with vscd some time ago. IIRC the ccid driver is written in C, and the server is in Python. So it’s definitely portable.

1 Like

First of all, awesome app! I love the dark UI and I can’t wait to see how it develops. I ran into a small issue though where this app would interfere with writing and other operations from NFC Tools while the tag had text records on it. For example, while trying to set a password, scanning the tag would open BioCom and the NFC Tools action would not be completed. This is a minor issue though, and can be easily worked around, but I thought I would share. Keep up the awesome work!

2 Likes

Oof, that’s kind of odd. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll give a look and see if I can’t get that squashed!

1 Like

Well, weirdly enough I tried replicating it with another tag (Ntag213) and it didn’t happen. Password was set successfully and no pop ups. Also turns out the original tag I was trying to write a password to doesn’t support that feature (Desfire EV1) which may be why BioCom popped up. I’m not sure if this info helps you in any way but there you go :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It does! Thank you!

1 Like

Version R1.3 of BioCom is now live. My lovely little programmer (and fellow implantee) wife and I are going to try and pull down the fdroid repo this weekend and make a merge request for the app so it can get up there as well.

Biggest highlights of this version are as follows:

• You can now write Text, URI’s and JPEG images. The JPEG thing was really more of an experiment in encoding to odd mime/types and decoding them, works well though (if you have a large capacity tag)! I have a horrible picture of our decrepit family cat in my right arm now… So that’s… Cool?

• You can also read Text, URI’s and JPEG images.

• A lot of UI changes. I learned how to make animated vector images!!!

• Just a lot of under the hood code cleanup. The app is now pretty well setup to add new data types in a matter of minutes. If it can be stored in bits, it can be added to BioCom as a new type of writable payload.

Which brings me to a question about future updates for anyone willing to answer: What are some things, data types, functions, etc. that you would like to be able to store on your implants that you currently can’t.

4 Likes

Going to download it and try it out a bit - but, first of all…

…biiiiiiig thank you for that one!!!

3 Likes

I hate to be a pain with another suggestion, but is it possible to do nfc auth on windows via Bluetooth? That would open a ton of doors! Haha. Basically enables a wireless nfc scanner for pc

2 Likes

Sorry, i have a url record on my tag and it trys to open web browser rather than reading the tag

1 Like

Jep, same here - the only thing that doesn’t do that is “tag info”, that one works fine (I think)

1 Like

I think this is simply from me letting my own preferences take the forefront. I didn’t want to be prompted whether or not I wanted to open an external URL before doing so. I simply wanted it to open the link without prompt, but I see why you would want to see it first. I’m going to add a settings toggle for whether or not you want a prompt, allowing you to view the URL before opening, or if you want it to simply open automatically. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Same thing with youtube links, vcards, and Emails

1 Like

Yeah, the application currently does not have support for natively reading vcards or email records, but will soon. As for the youtube link, my above post explains the reasoning for that.

I saw that right as I was going to click send. I wanted to test the other types of records prior to making a response.

1 Like

Okay, maybe I’m really stupid now, but I don’t need an app for that - exactly the same thing happens when I scan my implant without having any app open. I’m kinda used to NFCTools, which throws some infos at me when I scan my implant, maybe I just thought something would “happen” when I scan my implant with the app :wink:

1 Like

I just tried with a text record, and it picks those up fine. If I understand them properly, hoker was just saying if the phone’s preset to do something, that will happen first.

It also only reads the first record, if you have multiple text records saved.