New NFC Implant Toolkit Application

Just to be perfectly clear, it can be read with a phone perfectly fine… as in your application can read and write to sector 1 no problem… it’s just the OS ndef procedures will fail to properly navigate to it in the process of automatically reading memory sectors during an ndef intent. You could, in theory, write your own code to pull the entire ndef data tlv down and like, force it into the ndef intent for parsing… but pretty sure you’d need root to have the phone accept it and process it.

It’s a nuance that’s irrelevant for most people, but important to understand exactly what the problem is so we can find that one dev responsible at Apple and Google so we can harass and shame them hahah

1 Like

Yeah sorry that wasn’t very clear they said it won’t be able to be seen as 1 contiguous block of ndef data.

2 Likes

I know I could get it to read the payload correctly, albeit with some real manual elbow grease, just from manually parsing the raw payload like you said. I’ll try testing that approach in the new DangerousNFC application soon. However, writing seems to be 100% out of the question. if there was a way to write raw bytes at specified indices of memory on something like the i2c, then it would probably be manually feasible, but I see nothing of the sort on Android.

Yep you absolutely can manually write data to specific memory pages… check the dangerous NFC source… that’s all I’m doing is manually writing stuff :slight_smile: But, the ndef library that normally takes your payload data and handles encapsulating it into an ndef message and subrecord and then splits it all up and writes it to contiguous memory pages for you… yeah that also doesn’t work when wanting to automatically write across multiple sectors on an ntag i2c… damn shit works across sectors of a Mifare classic… but that’s it’s own band-aid non-nfc special crap nxp bunged into android codebase.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I wanted to drop some changenotes on a recent update pushed to BioCom, as well as give a sort of timeline and future plan for features to come. I guess I just felt so damn inadequate in my track record for writing update logs as compared to the wonderful @RyuuzakiJulio that I had to start trying.

BioCom R1.5

Some new features:

• Markdown support is now availible as a data type to choose from when writing records. I added a basic markdown editor toolbar in the edit page that hopefully makes it a bit easier to write some beautiful markdown notes/reminders/whatever.
  • UI cleanup of the “Record Data Type” selector.
  • UI cleanup (Thanks to my wife for the design) and logic rework of the TagInfo page. It’s now actually kind of useful, and looks SO much better. On a related note, if you scan an NFC tag and get “Unknown Tag” as the type on the top of the page, PM me so I can add fingerprinting logic to the app to take care of it:)

Features included in R1.4 that I haven’t mentioned here yet:

• Complete Encryption/Decryption rework. BioCom now takes full advantage of OpenKeychain’s implementation of the OpenPGP API to encrypt/decrypt all without ever leaving BioCom. This honestly makes a huge difference. If you have a tag with even a remotely large-ish amount of storage available, I recommend you give it a try! It’s definitely the easiest way to keep the data housed on your implants safe from rogue scanners or prying smartphones.

Future Plans:

As I mentioned in a thread somewhere else, my plans for the application’s future includes adding support for reading/writing multiple records on a single tag. I would also love to add VCards as a record data type and maybe even use something similar to the compression logic @anon3825968 used for his vcard script to include images with them. I’d love to reach out to you @anon3825968 when I get ready to include this feature and see if we could reuse some of your logic for this, if you’re down of course.

However, before I attempt the inclusion of any of these features into BioCom, I’m wanting to get the DangerousNFC application at least to the point where it can perform it’s existing functions, just with a refreshed UI and extensibility for future features before I make any additions to this project.

I will actually be making a post in the DangerousNFC 2.0 thread really soon detailing some of the progress I’ve made with it, as well as laying out a rough time frame for when to expect specific progress with the rework.

As a final note, I would still like to get BioCom up on fdroid, but I just have not had the time to look into the process more than enough to be surprised by the fact that in order to upload an app to it, you have to pull request it into their main repo… Kind of odd, but alright. I plan on doing this soon though.

6 Likes

Can confirm - works and looks great! Esp. rework of encryption/decryption.

This is amazing. Works amazing. And is beyond helpful! UI is looking pretty snazzy too :wink:

2 Likes

What a clandestine brag :wink:

1 Like