NExT or VivoKey Spark 2

Hello, I’m Alex Golubev from Russia.
I have long wanted to have an implant in myself, but in Russia, unfortunately, I did not find a worthy company for the sale of implants and informational support
Therefore, I decided to contact you directly to consult and decide which implant model (or kit) to order.

1. First of all, I am interested in: contactless payment in stores, markets, and at a gas station - with a VISA card (which is used by our Russian bank “SBERBANK”, this is one of the most widespread payment systems in )
    I do not want to use the “Payment Device Conversion Service” for conversion, since every 3 years the VISA card must be renewed at the bank’s service department.

2. of course, I want to use the capabilities of the implant, to replace home contactless keys and passes using the simplest NFC / RFID technologies,
    …but apparently two implants will have to be installed.

My choice first settled on the “NExT + Proxmark3 Easy” set (since it contains both NFC and RFID), but after reading the forum, I realized that it would not work to arrange a card payment through this implant (if I’m wrong, correct me please)
Then I switched my attention to VivoKey Spark 2 (as I understood from the discussions and from the information on the website, this implant, in conjunction with the application, will help me solve the issue with the contactless payment system.)
I ask you to help me make the right choice, as I am worried if I can use the contactless payment options while living and being in Russia

Hello Alex

No. Check https://dngr.us/pay for payment implants. Sparks can’t do that. Currently only converted wristbands or keychains work, they are flex implants though.

NExT is a good choice for your own access control.

1 Like
1 Like

I am very sad. the main purpose of using the implant was all the same: contactless payment by card). It turns out that there is no way for me to implement this yet.
There is no point in converting, since the convertible implant will only work for 3 years :pensive:

I don’t think it can help me, we live on different continents and providing data to third parties, as well as working with them, will cause my card to be blocked by the security services of my bank :frowning:

I would suggest that 3 years will take longer than you think.
I have a conversion and it was done just over a year ago, I have used it A LOT and I still have another 2 years to go, as soon as it expires, I will be putting in a new one which is a relatively simple procedure.

What I am saying is, If it is something you are interesed in, don’t write it off.
I personally reccomend it.

You might be interested in my thread for some more information

Any questions, feel free to ask.

3 Likes

In this case, I do not understand all the advantages of VivoKey Spark 2, what are its advantages over NExT, and what are the advantages and differences of VivoKey Spark 2 ??

They are 2 very different devices, with different purposes, so it is like comparing apples and oranges.

Check out this webpage for more information on the Spark

The NExT, All the info you should need is in the product description

But basically

Maximize hand real estate with the NExT dual frequency chip implant! If you want the benefit of having both a high frequency NFC chip implant and a low frequency RFID chip implant, then the NExT is what you need! The NFC side of the NExT is an NTAG216 chip that works with 13.56MHz NFC capable smartphones, certain ISO14443A commercial access control systems, certain door locks, and USB contactless ISO14443A readers. The low frequency RFID side of the NExT is a 125kHz T5577 emulator chip that can behave like many different common low frequency chip types, including EM41xx, EM4200, HID 1326 ProxCard II, HID 1346 ProxCard III, and Indala access cards and keyfobs. Check out our video explaining how the T5577 works

Link

1 Like

The difference between the 2 is that the Spark 2 is a cryptographic implant that is used for authentication etc (soon to be superceded by the much more useful APEX), and the NExT has a T5577 component that is used for low frequency access control, and the NTAG 216 component used for high frequency access control and storing data (links, files, contact info, etc). Neither can pay, but the VivoKey APEX will (hopefully soon) be approved by banks for payment (at least in the US). I hope that cleared some things up.

3 Likes

Thanks, yes this shed some light on some questions! :+1:

1 Like

I came across this link: GET YOUR WALLETMOR IMPLANT NOW– Walletmor
does it really work!? When claiming that there are no contactless payment implants.
On this device tell me something?

Yes the walletmor is a thing (I have one) the most important things is that they can be finicky to get a read and they do expire.

Currently available in the
EEA (upto 8 years)
USA (upto 3 years)

2 Likes

The reason I didn’t say anything about it was because it isn’t available in Russia afaik and it expires, which you didn’t want it to. I didn’t want to add to the confusion.

1 Like

Man, I’m very very upset that all this is not available in our country, I can only wait.
In the meantime, I think I’ll probably order a dual-band “NExT RFID + NFC Chip Implant”

1 Like

From what i’ve heard, the NExT is a great first/only implant. It’s the one that I’m going to get first, unless the NExT2 comes out earlier, but that will probably be a while with design, fabrication, and testing. (Satur9 and Amal, if you’re looking for NExT2 testers hit me up)

Dudes. Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out my questions, you helped me a lot.

2 Likes

no problem

Hi. Tell me how you are with the delivery of implant to Russia purchased in Dangerous things (USA).

Has anyone ordered from Russia? Have you successfully delivered implants from the USA to Russia?

Yes we have shipped successfully into Russia, even recently with covid-19… though the delivery times may be extended due to covid protocols.

1 Like