NExT wacked by wrench

Was being careless today and wacked my NExT implant with a 3/8 drive rachet wrench while using the wrench as a hammer. From a quick palpation it feels okay. Are there any signs I should watch out for if it did break?(I’m sure it’s fine) Functionality wise it’s fine. Above all just wanted to document what happened to help show durability.

1 Like

Ouch!
Hopefully it didn’t do too much damage to the fleshy bits! I’d bet the NExT is fine. I’ve hit mine on a bunch of stuff at work.

4 Likes

If it did break you’d know pretty quick. Bad things inside your body go bad quick. If its not super swollen and tender tomorrow you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Fleshy bits are fine, just bone pain but no bruising or inflammation. It’s weird worrying about something that might break inside of me, like putting my hand in tight pockets or just whenever the implant gets touched there’s a bunch of alarms that go off inside my head to worry about it

2 Likes

Gotcha. I was very cautious with mine at first. After forgetting about them when I’m stressed at work and begin using my hands as hammers to get metal bits in the right place, my worry has gone down. I swung pretty hard at an acetalyne tank and tagged my xG3 in LP1 pretty good by accident.
Use my knife edge as a hammer a lot and forget about my xG3 there.
I’m glad these are as durable as they are!

This link might calm you.

IIRC there was only 1 or 2 confirmed cases of breakage in the body. I do not know where they were installed and all the circumstances.
I was worried a lot too, now I don’t give a crap… e.g. after seeing people repeatedly hitting the implant with a screwdriver :smiley:

4 Likes

Maybe “worry” isn’t the best word(or mindset). More aware, I just don’t want to have to explain to my doctor why there’s a broken glass capsule in my hand haha

1 Like