Old vs New antenna: a.k.a. Is Bigger Better?

More interested in that Mandy… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The pure one. Not the one that comes together with Emma.

Yeah… guess all the good names already have better meanings than implants! :laughing:

My worthless 2 cents

I think this is the better concept

discEM makes more sense than flexEM since it’s not exactly flexible… but it is a disc

1 Like

The slowness is most likely attributed to the way android hits the tag in all sorts of strange ways during initial read in an attempt to probe the chip… actual data rate is not likely any slower.

For writes, maybe it will have more finicky requirements yes. I’ve never seen issues reading.

Yeah. Not only tested, but he’s also kind of the catch all for everyone asking questions or having problems with RFID in general. He’s got his “finger on the pulse”, so to speak.

1 Like

That’s as maybe. But apparently genuine chips read faster and the magic chip reads slower. That’s not Android, that’s the chip.

Regardless of what slows down what, it’s the end result that interests me: what I don’t want
is to have to tell someone to keep still for two seconds with their cellphones over my arm when they could just do a quick swipe with the bullseye.

2 Likes

Reading the magic ntag with an android phone is plenty fast… reading it with taginfo on an android phone has some slowness due to all the extra probing.

Speaking of antennas, is there a possibility to buy some bare flex wedge style antennas from the store @amal?

Okay. Well, let’s see how easy it is to live with when more people report on it.

1 Like