One of you! New cyborg!

Sooo after knowing about implants for a while, the news that the place I work at is altering the lock system to more tag-locks pushed me to going for it.
As I always do, I got a bit over-enhausiastic and got myself the lifestylebundle and a xLed.
The day after everything arrived I had a friend install some for me last wednesday; the next in L0 and the spark in my left wrist.

The installs went well and very quick, the healing is going well, swelling is almost gone, if I remove the otterbox case from my s20+, I can find/read them repeatable already.
I was planning to do the xG3 in L1 or L2 on the same day, but my friend didn’t dare to do it because of the veins I have, what do you guys think?

The xM1 is going in R0 monday, xLed in R3, if we don’t have the vein problem.
Really happy to be chipped :grin:

1 Like

Its being retarded won’t let me post gif lol

tenor (7)

Welcome to the party! Sounds like everything went great and you already have more plans which is awsome!

2 Likes

Welcome, welcome. To both the 'borg and the board.

Damn, you’re lucky there. I had to drive for 8 hours to get mine done.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have usecases in mind for everything :grin:
The NExT has my v-card and planning to build a speedlimiter in a moped what can be activated or de-activated by it.
The xM1 is for doors at work.
The xLed is for quickly checking tagreaders on machines I service. Besides being a party trick.
The xG3 for holding small m3x6 screws I always lose. Again besides being a party trick.
The Spark for it’s purpose of course!

2 Likes

Being old collegefriends, he loves to hurt me, that helps :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think your friend is right to be cautious. Your veins will move a little, but not much, and you shouldn’t push them out of the way with the needle either. Depending on the skills of the person, you could have them shift your skin during the piercing maybe? I did that for my xSIID. I entered in one location, and had my wife twist my skin a bit so the needle would puncture skin to the side a bit. I will attach a pic, it might make more sense. The biggest thing was I had made sure she twisted it right so my skin would lay it along my bone.

1 Like

This pic doesn’t really show what I was hoping, but maybe it will help.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

I see what you are saying, I’m not sure if he would be down for that. I might have to go to a pro for the L2 and R3 installs, which is fine, one of the dt partners is within 30mins away from me.

1 Like

Good call if they don’t feel confident. I hope it works out for you.

:slightly_smiling_face: I understand this all too well.
I did the Ultron Bundle. Since things were closed down I then acquired an xLED and an xSLX while waiting for the partner to open. Everything is finally getting installed today.

Congrats on the transformation.

Good luck with the installs! Are you doing all 4 at once?

Thanks on the grats! It isn’t bad at all :grin:

Thank you! - Truth be told I am nervous
That is the plan at least as of this morning (install at 4PM).
It could change when at the location of install if the DT install partner doesn’t care for my vein layout at the selected locations.
It is interesting with the restrictions in place for re-opening scheduling an appointment 100% online.
Planned positions:
L0 (NeXt) - xAC things – plus the rickroll :wink:
L5 (xLED) - Party/Work Trick
L. Wrist location (Spark 2) - This will be the backup for the eventual Apex install :smiley:

R0 (xSLX) - Gun Safe and Lab Door lock access

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I always wanted to post one of these!

1 Like

Eat a hearty lunch. Don’t need ya passing out.

4 Likes

I was aswell, but it really is just a needle like a blood exam test…
I was planning 2 stages to not have 2 numb hands at the same time, but in hindsight it really wasn’t bad and would’ve gone with all of them at once of I would do it again. Except for the L2/R3 as mentioned above, since my installer isn’t a pro.

Cool to see your setup/choices are simular to mine!

also helps the state of mind :wink:

1 Like

Pool noodle vs a spaghetti noodle.

1 Like

1 Like

This sounds like a very interesting project, Would love to see your post this in the project section when you do it.

1 Like

I will! One of my mopeds is a puch maxi S, with a rather expensive ignition in it. It has a 12v regulator and will limit top speeds by grounding a wire from the cdi, so I think it will be very do-able. Since it is a 60mph moped at this point and I like to let others ride it without them die, this implant trick seems evry cool :slight_smile:
I need to read me in on some arduino readers and components needed, or just use the acces controller I got in the lifestyle bundle in some way. Once I’ve got a game plan I will order parts and start documenting on this forum!

2 Likes