Pins and needles in hand days after install

I should probably post an update on this.

After accidentally bumping the back of my hand against a table and getting a reasonable amount of pain that was coupled with more paresthesia, I decided to palpate the area and found that it didn’t take much pressure on the proximal side of the implant to trigger the same reaction. At that point, I draw the conclusion that the device was most likely applying pressure on a nerve bundle so I opted to get it out. This all happened on the day of my previous post, before I had the chance to read any of the replies to it.

Another thing I found was that what I though to be migration was actually the implant bouncing between the two sides of the vein below.

I’m not sure if I overreacted but at the time, I thought that the hassle of getting an implant autoclaved was probably better than having pressure on a nerve bundle. So far, I’ve had a few shooting pains on my thumb but things are pretty much back to normal.

This was only during the day, the episodes I had that night lasted a while and where severe enough to wake me up and make me consider going to the ER.

I also found this weird. Maybe something getting stimulated upstream? I’d like to know why this happed.

Awesome mum indeed!

1 Like

More accurately you probably experienced some swelling or fluid buildup around the implant due to the “bump” that was putting pressure on the nerve bundle.

I’ve definitely smacked my xEM in R4 real good and had a radiating pain for a couple weeks all around it whenever I’d even gently press on it… but it calmed down eventually. Still, better to err on the side of caution and have it removed if you’re concerned.

1 Like