PM3 possible issue

I have just purchased as PM3 easy, i attempted to flash it and it didn’t generate any errors.
When its plugged in, it doesn’t make any noisy and the com port isn’t listed any longer.

Looking at the short side I have one white light on one end on the left of the USB port and light 2 is red and light 4 is green on the right side of the USB port. Not sure what these mean and how I can recover it. Need some help if i can to try to get this resolved. Not sure if i have bricked it or not.

Can someone assist, i followed these instructions as they seemed a lot clearer to me.

It says its 512Mb

This is what it was from running the ID tool

uC: AT91SAM7S512 Rev B
Embedded Processor: ARM7TDMI
Nonvolatile Program Memory Size: 512K bytes. Used: 0 bytes ( 0%). Free: 524288 bytes (100%).
Second Nonvolatile Program Memory Size: None
Internal SRAM Size: 64K bytes
Architecture Identifier: AT91SAM7Sxx Series
Nonvolatile Program Memory Type: Embedded Flash Memory

Where did you buy it from?

DT with Iceman Firmware?

Try following this guide, (I used it personally a few weeks ago with no issues) if you get stuck along the way, just let us know where and we should be able to easily help you out.

Try these suggestions from our glorious leader

Are you able to flash it if there is no com port listed?

No, but if you hold down the button before plugging it in, you should see it pop up on your device manager.

I should ask, what platform are you installing on? Windows, iOS, Linux?

you have to hold the button the entire time… starting before you plug it in and continuing to hold it until the bootrom flash process is done.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry if that wasn’t clear.
Hold NOT press and follow the guide I linked above.

You should hear it connect (on windows)

Did you mean to link something here?

1 Like

Indeed, thanks

Fixed the post and added it here now also

1 Like

Windows 10, and i have got it being detected now which is great. It starts on COM5 then reboots onto COM4. It doesn’t seem to load the firmware however

Indeed

Have you tried a fresh install following this

This is the status of the previous command run, so it looks like its partially there

So when trying to run the flash-fullimage, then it doesn’t seem to like it and generates the message above. It doesn’t help that it reboots the device and then gives it another comport. If i reboot it again by pressing the button, it puts in onto the original com port but it gives the message above

Thanks for your awesome help. To make it work i opened another window at the same time and it used to same com port, not sure why it changed it after a reboot.

Seems its all good now :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome