Show off your x-rays! :x_ray_hand:

I see what you did there :smirk: :smirk:

3 Likes

Tech told me to do this and I was like are you sure? Lol

Do you have any comfort issues with an implant installed there? I tend to rest my right hand on it’s edge a lot and I feel like that might become uncomfortable if I install something there.

I didn’t have any issues with it after the first couple weeks. I can only feel the thing if I really try to.

1 Like

It’s still in the healing process but it’s not terrible, no more uncomfortable to me than the webbing. One thing to keep in mind that I didnt think about was shaking hands with anyone who has a firm handshake. Another is if you use that part of your hand to do “percussive maintenance”, as in heating the hell out of something until it works.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have any xrays to contribute, but I must say I absolutely love seeing all of these, it’s really appreciated

This was my concern with the knife edge

Here are three X-ray shots of my R0 NeXT about two weeks after implantation. The original DICOM/PNG files with 2000 * 3000 pixels resolution are available for re-use, if you are interested, let me know.

R0 X-ray – 3 shots

1 Like

I suppose I should link to my totally unimpressive doNExT x-rays here:

6 Likes

My face got in the shot here. xNT and flexNT. flexNT is super faint, but visible over the first metacarpal of the pinky.

1 Like

Here’s the flexDF. I don’t have x-rays of my Vivokey or xSIID

3 Likes

OG flexDF!

6 Likes

Yeah, bet this isn’t a problem for you anymore.

With the logo and all!

2 Likes

Wow I would thought you’d see more.
I can’t even find the chip…

1 Like

I’m fairly sure if you setup the x-ray machine properly, there are ways to see the implant better. But the radiologist just didn’t want to play ball: she had a prescription for a wrist x-ray, to see bony bits, and that’s what she performed. Nothing more, nothing less. She didn’t want to hear anything about no implants.

She was so unwilling to help she almost threw me out of the room when I “discreetly” retracted my hand slightly to get the IAR glass implant into the shot at the last moment.

That’s as good as it’s ever gonna get here in Finland. Next time I take a trip to Russia, I’ll see if I can have it x-rayed there.

That x-ray looks like an accidental shot of the Terminator coming straight for you and you throwing your hand to stop it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa, tf? How can I imagine this?

Doctors can get into serious trouble for prescribing x-rays, or taking x-rays that don’t conform exactly to the script here apparently. They’re really afraid of being audited and found to have done frivolous medical imaging. I’m actually surprised I managed to get one done at all.

1 Like

Just making a thread for people to post their x-rays. I’ll go first. Mine shifted but from what I can tell it seems to be in an area of minimal movement and shouldn’t be problematic in future (also found out I have bone spur type thing on my thumb coincidentally)20210519_120131

3 Likes