Question about writing to SIID with NFC Tools

What if you reset ndef erase it?

1 Like

I don’t want to try that, the only NFC tag I have is inside of me and erase sounds scary. I might not know very far (?) when I say afaik.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, I see things like erase and format but am way too scared to try those things, so I’ll just add a record and see what happens.

Also just curious do these chips have a read or write limit before they stop working, I think I read somewhere they should last between 7 or 10 years, does that include a finite amount of read and writes?

1 Like

Yeah, you remember correctly, “10 year data retention. Rated for 100k writes per memory block.” in xSIID Chip Specifications @ http://dngr.us/xsiid.
But that doesn’t mean it’s the maximum, I think it just means you should expect that many writes.
For my cycle of daily writes, that should be more than fine.

2 Likes

Erase tag is fine trust me I use it all the time

1 Like

Agreed
Nothing to be afraid of, think of it more like a “format”

This is correct but a little misleading, but is better than you think.
Every time you use it, ie. read /write, this time renews… there is a post where Amal explains it, I will try and find it for you…

Also worth a read for you.

3 Likes

Found it

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the great info, I love having a place where we can talk about things like this, with a bunch of very knowledgeable people.

5 Likes

Shameless plug for discord to.

1 Like

Random question for anyone that has a green SIID. How long did it take for swelling to go down to see the color accurately? I just tried to scan mine after 24 hours with the swelling and the light appeared red in color and not very bright. I’m hoping that will change over the next week. I was just concerned the colors got mixed up and a red led was placed in to a green box. Probably just my OCD kicking in.

1 Like

@Devilclarke Might be able to help you. He has a green one. :wink:

It is likely that it is pooled blood…:drop_of_blood:
Have you tried lighting it up in a dark room, looking for any hint of green?

Yeah, I did it in a dark room and it just looked red and definitely not as bright as I’ve seen others to look. Hopefully you’re right about the pooled blood, I’d be so sad if it wasn’t the green chip that I was expecting.

This is mine about 30min after implantation:

After about 2 weeks:

2 Likes

Highly unlikely, But If it was a mistake at DT’s end, Their Customer service is second to none, they WILL sort you out.

FYI the order of brightness is the same order as the image below.
Brightest on the Left ( Green ) to less bright on the Right.

Give it some more time to heal before contacting DT

If you need to, use the web page help

image image

1 Like

It’s almost certainly due to the swelling. Just give it a few days. Your body can do lifesaving triage (closing the wound hole) in a few hours, but the rest of the healing proccess takes days or weeks. The swelling will go down and It’ll show up Green soon enough.

3 Likes

Can you take a photo and post?

1 Like

Almost certainly swelling or pooled blood, take a picture and post would help alot.

2 Likes

It was kinda hard to get a good quality pic. But I’m really afraid this was not the green light it was supposed to be, it’s not bright at all and not green at all. What do you guys think?

We might need @amal to have a look at that.

While you wait, could you please download
TagInfo by NXP
and scan it then and share the page info

Is this the correct page?

1 Like