Questions from.a new one

No, you’ll be able to pull off what ever you stick to your hand.

You’ll be able to feel a pull from the implant, if you introduce an electromagnetic field, you feel a pulsing sensation from the implant. It’s quite fun to find stuff like laptop chargers, microwaves, I’ve heard deep friers are pretty good too. I was surprised walking into my school’s library one day, my hand started vibrating and I realized it was the security gates.

I’ve seen no issue with that in my use. I haven’t rubbed cards up against the magnet, and my magnets are on the back of my hand and the edge of my hand so they don’t come close to the mag strip when I’m paying for anything.

Regular implants won’t bar you from anything. Magnets like Stargazer said are safe up to a limit for MRIs. I was told I needed an MRI, but I was able to do a CT scan with contrast die instead.
There’s no issues with airport security.

I don’t use all of mine daily, but I’m glad I have all of them! I’ve been able to copy apartment key cards to unlock doors with my hand, I’ve got my contact info on one of them. I used one for vaccination cards when I was on a trip. People have also used them to unlock and or start their cars or motorcycles, work badges, etc.
The blinky ones are neat. I’ve got a green xSIID that has my contact info and it makes it fun giving people my number.
The traditional first time use is putting this link on the chip:
dngr.us/Rick

Also, if you’re thinking about getting a magnet, check out Az’s Loadstone and Cyborg Dashboard app. He’s also got a book all about magnets!

6 Likes

I’ve killed a couple single use bus tickets but you really have to place the magnet right on the magnetic band. I got used to holding them in my left hand just in case.
Payment cards don’t often use the mag strip anymore afaik anyway and I was never able to mess those up.

5 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thank you, what implants do you have?

Both types of xG3s and two parylene coated finger magnets similar to a Titan in size.

1 Like

Thank you very much, the xssid are the one I’m more interested to.
I would like to know if there’s some way of having a password needed to read the informations like passwords, and how can I store multiple different information to use in different situations since different doors of the office.

The xSIID probably won’t work for the doors. You’ll probably need something with the T5577 or Mifare depending on the system. Do the doors require different cards to unlock? If so, might be worth asking IT or whoever enrolls cards for the system to enroll your implant so that way you only need one implant to unlock all the doors you have access too. That’s a little outside of my knowledge realm though, same with the passwords. I’m sure someone with more knowledge will pop in the thread soon.
Speaking of passwords though, another use case is unlocking your computer with your implant.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what I would like to do, to turn on and login in my pc, possibly share my number or ig, and have some data about me in case something happen, the doors was just an example of having different utilities.
And in the case of my pc login I was curious if there’s a way to hide the infos if someone scan my hand with their phone.
Btw thank you very much I’ll wait for someone to answer to this, or I make another thread tomorrow. :wink:

1 Like

Lol
It’s difficult for someone to swipe info off your implants since the read range is so close that you’ll know what they’re doing. When it comes to multiple uses, a smart chip like the Apex would be better suited, but still limited. Most chips are used for one thing at a time. Although you can enroll your implant into systems. There are implants with 2 chips inside as well like the NExT. My NExT is used for access control and sharing links like dngr.us/rick.
There’s the flexMT which has a Mifare and a T5577 chip, the new xMagic has 2 chips as well! I use my xMagic for my current apartment with the Mifare, and if I ever get around to installing the RFID push to start system in my car, I’ll use the T5577 for that too! Lol

Edit: Just remembered that there are some posts about multiple NDEF records. Not exactly sure how that works, but you could store multiple things on one chip. Maybe someone else could chime in on that.

2 Likes

Wait, what!? I would never…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

NFC Tools will let you make a list of NDEF records to write.

It’s also kinda possible with TagWriter but it’s rather clunky.

3 Likes

Tasker is also a great tool for multifunction.

3 Likes

I use mine daily, and they have improved the quality of my life. I have a NExT and an xSIID right now. I’m about to order an xG3.

On my NExT, I have my work badge that lets me into the various job sites I have to go to. It’s great not having to remember to put my badge on, and it’s fun to just badge in with my hand. My NExT’s UID is also my domain password, and I use the KBR1 reader to unlock my PC and to log into all the secure work apps. It saves me from having to type a secure password 10 billion times a day. That has been amazing. I’m also using the storage capacity of the NExT to store a link tree with all my contact info, so when I want to share my info with someone (phone, email, facebook groups, etc.), they just need to scan my hand.
My xSIID is mainly used for fun. I love lighting up. My partner hides secret messages in it for me to find, and it’s a really sickenly adorable and fun for both of us. The UID of that device is also my password for some websites and email accounts.
I am really looking forward to getting my xG3 on the top of my hand to help with holding and manipulating screws and small objects both on and off the job. My kid and my partner have also warned me that they WILL be sticking stuff to me on a regular basis. I feel so loved.
I have future plans to build some home access devices, and at that point I will also get FlexEM to have another, stronger LF device in me to facilitate home projects.
Being a cyborg is awesome.

:blinky_red: :magnet: :robot_cyborg:

3 Likes

wow it’s really sweet and i happy that your family likes it and plays with it!
i would like to ask some questions if you dont mind.
could you have your linktree on your xssid without people receiving your websites passwords too? or do i need a NExt for that kind of usage?
Also did it hurt to implant them?
And did you injected them by yourself or by a professionals? is there a way to prevent the hole from scarring if done properly by a professionist?
sorry for my question dumping, but i’m still trying to figuring things out!

xSIID and the HF side of the NExT should operate in basically the same way. No passwords would be transmitted to anyone. It’s just a little website that has links to my phone number, email address, and social media accounts. The URL is stored in the NExT (or xSIID) and a phone with a good NFC antenna can read it and open the website. Note that some phones (especially iPhones) have very weak NFC antenna power, and it’s hard to get a read. My Google Pixel 8 performs very well.

Yes, but not as much as I anticipated. I used topical lidocaine that you can order from Amazon, so that helped a little, but it was uncomfortable for the 30 seconds of the install process, and then it was done.

I have a good friend who is a nurse, and they did my installs. They said that the instructions provided by Dangerous Things was actually more comprehensive that a lot of their nursing documents!

There may be products that you can put on the poke so it doesn’t scar, but I didn’t bother. Here’s one of my “Install Entry Point Dots”:

It’s all good! It’s important to fully understand what you intend on making part of your body! Ask on!

Thank you very much!
The scar is not as bad as I thought!
Did you inject lidocaine or was it gel?
Also, about the xssid, what I meant is, can I have both my computer login info and some text/linls data for fun on the xssid at the same time? If so, how can I make my pc read only the login infos and phones who scan it read only the text/link and not my password?

yep.
Generally, the logon just uses the chip UID, and read via a HF and/or LF reader. Such as a KBR1

So in this use case, the UID IS your password, or at least part of it.
You could use only the UID or you could prefix and/or annex it with another word or phrase etc.
You could get a dual frequency reader and use a couple of implants, or 2in1 like an xMagic or NExT.

I’m making it sound more complicated than it actually is.

Where as the text data, URL’s etc You write onto the chip yourself via NDEF using something like NFC Tools

The Computer via KBR1 does not “see” the NDEF, and likewise, the phone reading it, does not see publicly publish your UID, It will launch ( or provide options ) the appropriate app to deal with the NDEF data.
i.e. if it is a YouTube link, it will launch YouTube , but won’t show the UID of the chip *

* Unless the person reading your implant, has and opens an app such as TagInfo etc. THEN tries to read it

2 Likes

This is exactly what I am doing. For my work computer, I use 2 characters that I type manually and then scan my NExT, and that’s my password. For other accounts where the password requirements are less strict, I am using either my NExT or my xSIID UIDs as passwords. For my PC, I am using the KBR1 to read the UID. For mobile (Android, Pixel 8), I’m using an app called Tappy that will type out the UID of a tag when I need to enter my password. Both implants also have data stored on them in addition to using the UIDs as passwords for various things.
@Pilgrimsmaster explained it well. Phones only read the data, not the UID unless you switch to a specific app like I’m doing when I need to “type” my password into an app.

It was a lidocaine spray, and I have no idea how effective it was. I didn’t “feel” numb, but whatever. The pain was short and I’m 10 billion percent happy with the results!

1 Like

Wow, that’s a lot of information!

To simplify: using an NFC app and the shortcuts manager on your phone you can configure the xSIID or xNT in four ways depending on the context. Example:

• link tree url when read by your phone

• vcard when read by other people’s phones

• as a key to certain access systems

• as storage for a series of text records that can be read with an NFC app

These can all be present on the same chip without learning to code.

Subjectively, on the implantation process: I did one with local anaesthetic and one without. Unexpectedly, I preferred without because the process of injecting the anaesthetic was more uncomfortable and caused a little puffiness that made implantation more difficult.
Scarring is highly dependent on your skin. Neither of my entry points were visible after a couple of months.

1 Like

This is why the nurse who did mine said I was only allowed to use topical. :slight_smile: