RFID in "UNUSUAL" places :rfid:

Freshly talking about travel cards in Japan, reminded me of Taiwans EasyCard, When I was there, I grabbed a standard, as you see everywhere and not unusual at all card and really quite boring like this

However, in the last few days I was there, I saw one of these advertised, but couldn’t find one anywhere to buy one as they were a limited release ( or similar )

All-in-one card | Taiwan Railway-Blue Jieyouhao/3D LED model

The “all-in-one card” can be used on Taipei MRT, Youbike, trains, buses and other public transportation; you can also set up “TPASS” for the Executive Yuan commuter pass in the Chang Toumiao area; it can also be used on 7-ELEVEN, FamilyMart, Quanlian, Store value and pay at McDonald’s, Burger King and other stores. For more information about the usage scope and benefits of the All-in-One Card, please visit the All-in-One Card website for inquiries

The lights would light up when you scanned it.

Whether it fits in this thread or not :man_shrugging:
It is a Transport pass, BUT, it is also a mutha fucken choo choo train :train: AND it blinks.

ALSO
If you live in Taiwan, I sent my old card to Amal, so if you wanted one converted, he could do tests on mine.
If I lived in Taiwan, I would 100% have one converted, you can use the EasyCard “Everywhere”

4 Likes

Not sure if it counts, but the Sigma control 2 on Kaeser Kompresoren have an RFID reader to log in as admin. Kaeser techs also have a separate card that give them access to a lot more data and menus …

https://www.kaeser.com/int-en/products/controller/compressor-controller

2 Likes

Just picked up the Reink C1 four-color eink iPhone case. It’s powered and programmed entirely by your phone’s NFC. Full review coming eventually, but here’s a TLDR: Lots of fun to play with, but maybe avoid if you are a NFC-powered cyborg.

2 Likes