Self-implantation

Hi, I need some advices about installing implant by myself. I know, that it’s dangerous, but nearest official partner’s centre is situated in 4700km. from me, and I can’t tracel through half of coutry for implant install. So I need help from people, who already install implants at home

1 Like

The first thing we suggest is that you use this guide to contact local professionals.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

This is best, i went to a piercing shop that also does scarification and silicone implant body art, and they already knew everything about chip implants, and done many before even though they dont advertise it.

Find more speciality body mod shops and ask them! they are usually more inclined to help you out

2 Likes

For both my implants, I went to a reputable piercer that does “regular” piercings. She messed up a bit with the first one, then did very well with the second one under my strict supervision.

If you go the same route, you’ll easily find a piercer in your area who’s willing to carry out the procedure. But here’s my advice for the whole shebang to go the way you want:

• Find a piercer who’s at least very familiar with bellybutton piercings with thickish needles.

• TAKE CHARGE! Agree with the piercer that they’ll do exactly as you tell them to, that they won’t get “creative” on you, and that they’re there to follow exactly what you ask them to the best of their experience as a piercer and nothing more. If they’re good, they’ll say yes - and they’ll probably be glad to get a free education on the subject too. If they take offense or they tell them they can do anything and dontcha worry none, run away.

• Just before the procedure, mark the implant site with their surgical pen on your hand YOURSELF. That means marking the final desired location of the implant and the entry point for the needle, which are different.

• Tent up and roll up your skin YOURSELF, so YOU are certain that no vein is gonna get nicked, and so that the skin isn’t pulled or tensioned askew - resulting in a crooked implant when it’s released. Let the piercer install the clamp.

• Rehearse what they’re about to do with them: remind them to pierce dead parallel to the line you drew on your hand, bevel up (it matters, trust me on this one), not to plunge into your hand at an angle, to push the plunger all the way, and to pinch the skin while pulling the needle out to make sure the implant stays behind. Tell them to keep the syringe in their hand until you tell them it’s okay for them to throw it away, not before! Then tell them to present the tip of the needle where you marked the entry point and wait for your okay signal before they go-go.

• As soon as the needle is out, feel your hand. Don’t assume the chip is in until you can feel it without the shadow of a doubt. Try to get a reading with a proper reader and a PC. Ideally, you’re 100% sure you’ve felt the chip and it registers on your PC. Less ideally, you’re just 100% sure you’ve felt it, but the reader doesn’t read it yet.

• Only then can your let the piercer take charge fully, for the final cleanup and the bandaid.

All this means educating yourself on the proper procedure beforehand, and bringing your PC and a reader to the piercing shop of course. But trust me, the keyword here is, you must be in charge of the procedure from A to Z, and you must trust that the piercer is okay with following orders for something they may not be familiar with.

2 Likes

Personally, I have some slightly different views…

Obviously if you find someone that has done implants before, that would be best. But if not…

Agree, but only to a certain extent. This (and most of the other suggestions in this post) are predicated on the fact that you completely understand everything there is to know about the install process, aseptic procedure and anatomy. If you do, why bother going to a piercer if you are going to make them do only what you say. If that’s the case just get a friend to help. I’m joking (I’ve tried, not a good idea)…the point I’m making is you are there at a piercer because they know things you don’t. Don’t get too cocky, but know your stuff. The key is to thoroughly communicate everything about the procedure and make sure you are both in complete agreement BEFORE you start making things sterile.

In theory this sounds like a good idea, but as someone that has tried this, it doesn’t work very well in practice. By having them tent your skin, they have something to push against…they can counteract the pressure they apply to needle very accurately, If you are tenting your skin and they are pushing on the needle, they cannot do that and it may not go as smooth. Instead, prior to entering the sterile field, show them how to tent the skin, let them practice it making sure they are doing it right. Let them know that how the skin is tented will influence the final position of the implant. I’m unfamiliar with what clamp is being referred to. I’ve only seen it done tenting the skin with fingers and holding the tent while injecting.

Bevel faces down. Tip on top. Really, it can be done either way. The general consensus is that bevel down creates a little less trauma because the skin flap the needle makes doesn’t get caught in the needle’s hole. That flap can possibly also get pushed deep under your skin. But it’s been done either way for many years.

As soon as the needle is out, you should be applying pressure to the injection site with a sterile gauze pad, not worrying about the implant and certainly not handling your non-sterile phone or PC to try and get a read. Better thing to do is simply look at the tip of the injector before implantation, you’ll see the implant in the needle, and then make sure you see the plastic tip sticking out of the needle after (injectors should be pressed until they click while injecting). Unless you have a replacement implant, there isn’t anything you can do about it at that point anyway. Better to worry about not getting an infection.

Just my $0.02.

7 Likes

Imho, if you have to tell the guy how to do it, the guy’s the wrong guy.

It is a very simple procedure and any pro piercer should have no problem figuring it out afyer seeing DT’s docs.
Go for APP (or local counterpart) certified piercers and you should be fine.
If you get the feeling the guy is not at ease, or if you fibd yourself explaining how to do it, get another guy or go DIY. IMHO (again my 2 cents) better risking messibg myself after educating myself properly, than being messud up by a mall belly button scratcher :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Gaser_urban Here is further proof that Opinions are like :eight_spoked_asterisk: , everybody has got one. Here’s My :eight_spoked_asterisk:
There are some very valid points above and obviously some conflicting information
HOWEVER
If I was going to suggest how to approach a professional, I would simply direct you towards Dangerous things how-to-approach-a-professional
Since your question was ACTUALLY about Self implantation NOT approaching a professional, I will attempt to answer THAT for you below.

I feel that this :arrow_double_down: video is a very good reference, which is also linked again below, named "Watch Installation procedure Guide 1 " especially for a self-install

I think the clamp that is being referred to is a set of Forceps or Hemostats, as shown in the video link above.

For further information about what you are asking, I have copied and pasted the section, with the most relevant information, to your question from a Wiki I did, personally I think it is accurate and easy to follow for what you are asking.
Also, it is the whole reason I put it together, to have one point of reference that hopefully everybody ( realistically MOST ) people can agree on; AND, to reduce the number of multiple threads that ask the same questions
If the information is out of date or inaccurate, I am happy to update / correct it

Me and my :eight_spoked_asterisk: would recommend that you read the whole wiki and follow the links, but here is probably the most relevant to you

HOW DO I GET IT IMPLANTED

Here is a VERY informative FAQ about x-Series implants, some of which is covered below. But it is recommend you read these FAQs.
There are piercing partners but if there is none near you any body piercer should be able to implant this for you.

A doctor, nurse or medic would be able to but they will likely take more convincing…

A self or assisted install is possible

The following links that will make this very clear that it is easy to do

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

How to approach a professional DT Info
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thats My :eight_spoked_asterisk: 's image

2 Likes

Bevel faces down. Tip on top. Really, it can be done either way. The general consensus is that bevel down creates a little less trauma because the skin flap the needle makes doesn’t get caught in the needle’s hole

I recommend bevel up because if the chip wants to dive or tumble as it exists the needle, it can’t because it’s trapped between the base of the bevel and the underside of the skin. I’m fairly sure that’s what happened with my first chip (or at least whatever happened wasn’t helped by the bevel being down).

Also, when you pull the needle out, you can immediately see if the chip is there or has stayed behind. With the bevel down, you have to turn the syringe over to check.

Imho, if you have to tell the guy how to do it, the guy’s the wrong guy. It is a very simple procedure and any pro piercer should have no problem figuring it out afyer seeing DT’s docs.

You’re 100% correct. My advice was for when you need someone who’s vaguely familiar with “big” piercings, and you just need an extra pair of hands to help you out essentially. It was advice on how to get what you want with the lowest common denominator of the piercing world.

1 Like

2 Likes

This would only be an issue if the needle was not retracted approximately 12mm before the chip is ejected. If you go in with the needle and then eject without retracting first, the chip has to force its own way under your skin, and that’s not ideal.

4 Likes