Self install of xNT

Amazing!! Yeah I would like to see!

1 Like

I am waiting for my implants to reach my house too. Because of the quarantine and corona virus I want to insert my implants with my sons help. He is 17 y.o.

Like, is it too hard to do it by your own or its ok? I think it only hurts when inserting the needle, after the needle is inside its not that bad. I am wrong?

1 Like

Im uploading the video to youtube right now, i will reply again with a link when its done

1 Like

Virtually no pain, only a little after install, i numbed the area with an ice cube just before cleaning and insertion, it helps to have an extra set of hands to pinch the area the needle is going into to help move blood vessels and nerves away from the implant site. it is possible on your own.

3 Likes

Always easier with somebody else doing it. This would be my reccomendation in order of preference:-
Professional Piercer (experienced)
Medical professional
Friend etc. Installing
Friend etc. Assisting
Self install.

With regards to your son, Just ask him to read and watch the following, and that should be a good grounding for a successful install.

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

Pain is just a state of mind, so I guess it really depends on your pain threshold.
But if I had to describe it I would say, bee- sting :honeybee: / blood donation/ blood sample :syringe: But that is what it FEELS like, Is it painful, again that is for you to “decide”
But when it is in, correct you just feel pressure at the needle entry site.

Hmmm, my last paragraph sounded a little passive aggressive, wasn’t meant to.
Short answer.
She’ll be right mate :kiwi_fruit:
Click above for “definition”

4 Likes

To add on to the conversation I think you definitely should not do it yourself. A botched install could lead to at best having to remove the implant and waste the money you spent on it to the actual death. Sure death is unlikely, but the same thing could be said about the coronavirus and look at how serious medical professionals are taking that. I would recommend spending the time to find a professional.

That said, I installed mine on my own and plan to install the rest on my own. However, I have the opportunity to talk to professionals and the research skills to learn what I need to know. I also have the money to go to a doctor when I eventually screw something up. I have even paid for the online training offered by the APP (Asociation of Profesional Piercers) and I’m planning to sneak into their conference this year, if it doesn’t get canceled, because that’s how serious I’m taking this. I’m sure you’ll do it anyway, but hopefully my words and the stuff Pilgrim shared will make you take it seriously.

To add to my experience, it doesn’t really hurt that much. Basically the pain is exactly as Pilgrim described. The part that can really get to you is your brain telling you not to stick yourself with a needle. And afterward, there isn’t pain, but it’ll be sore for a couple of days.

2 Likes

Thank you, guys. Actually, I express myself wrong. I will do all the procedures assisted by my son. He will “tend” the skin up for me to insert the needle. Also, I have read this forum several times (hahah) and also read a lot about this procedure. My main concern earn was that I pinch a vein and it could be very bad, but I read that its not the worst scenario. Also, I will take care to not pinch a nerve or muscle.

I believe that I can do it.

Thanks a lot again and you didn’t sound as passive-aggressive, I know your concern and all the risks related to it. It will be fine :smiley:

Because of the Corona Virus, my implants haven’t reached my house yet. But, as soon as they come I will film it and I send it in here. (the speech will be in Portuguese because I am Brazilian :brazil:).

3 Likes

Your English is fantastic By the way

Just FYI
The other day, somebody else said

it is meant to be “Tent” because when you pinch it and lift it, It looks like you have pitched a tent :tent: :grin:

4 Likes

I installed my own three weeks ago and it was really easy and pretty much pain free. I’d recommend doing it yourself rather than having someone inexperienced doing the injecting part.

You can feel where the needle is in your hand so it kinda guides itself as you insert it. If you go too far up or down it feels weird and you can tell if it’s in the wrong place. The best job your son could do is to help you tent the skin with sterile forceps.

Just make sure you clean the site for at least 30 seconds with the isopropyl wipes and adhere to basic sterility rules, don’t let the needle touch anything except the ready cleaned injection site and you’ll be fine. Plaster on and leave it for 24 hours before changing the dressing or even looking at it.

2 Likes

Really thanks… and yes… its tent that I wanted to say… hahahah

I always follow your replys in here. You are really awesome. Thanks a lot…

2 Likes

Good to know… I an really excited to have my implants placed in.

2 Likes

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

3 Likes

Sure, I will post a video after its done.

1 Like

One of us! One of us!!

8 Likes

Hey Hey, Awesome.
Welcome

1 Like

I didn’t end up doing my self. I found an awesome shop in Fullerton California called monkeys to go. 60 bucks!

4 Likes

Interesting… got more details? It’s very conveniently located…
I found there location but not much info online.

1 Like

Just call the shop and ask for Sam. Tell her Ryan sent you and are looking to set an appointment with Jo for an implant. :+1:

3 Likes

Damn you Ryan, you are tempting me to break isolation… I have been such a good boy.

4 Likes