Sending love to our friends in America

Hi friends in the USA. Wishing you strength and safety during this difficult time :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Thanks, but we don’t deserve it.

10 Likes

Yes, you do.

1 Like

Hey thanks, but I kinda agree with

Edit: put my opinion behind a spoiler, not trying to turn this political.

The police here have been unchecked for too long. This was a long time coming and I guess I am happy it is. One day I hope the world realizes we are all human, and everyone’s life matters the same, not one skin color is better than the other.

6 Likes

There’s also our mishandling of the 'rona. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

5 Likes

Edit: Blurred for opinion - not trying to start a political shitstorm :heart:

I saw that Trump decided that the US is gonna declare ANTIFA a terrorist organization. I guess he doesn’t really that they’re … not an organization. Does seem to have serious repercussions though … basically declares dissent a terrorist activity. And we all know how the law works, everyone gonna be painted with the same brush.

7 Likes

Oh boy, should start a new thread if we are talking politics.

1 Like

Haha yeeeaaah sorry, my bad. I don’t wanna go down that rabbit hole!

5 Likes

Yeah let’s not talk politics. If your cops are “unchecked” or not, I’m not in a position to say, but you - the citizens are still in my heart.

5 Likes

:broken_heart: I understand, nobody likes the mear residents…

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

And for the residents, work visas, tourists and illegal immigrants etc. trying to get a better life etc…

tenor (20)

9 Likes

yep, when I said citizen, I meant what I would consider a citizen, not what some authorities would.

4 Likes

Thank you for this. I have strong opinions, I’m sure others do as well. My big fear on this board is that politics would invade and divide as it has so many other places. This is (to me) a good place to come together with an eclectic group of nutbags in the most cheerful of manners. I need it. I hope you all do to, or at least just love it.

Big group hug, for a bunch of dudes (mostly dudes) that I’ve never met. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

9 Likes

Yep, absolutely. I feel silly for making that post and I do apologise - my feelings were burning a bit too strong at that moment. Definitely don’t want to derail this place. I do like to get away from all that here too, so that’s it from me.

Sorry folks!

6 Likes

I agree. I hope this place stays, generally ,politics free. I feel we would all stand behind protest together though if they tried to outlaw putting chips in yourself, or something not good for the cyborg/grinder community.

Don’t feel silly.

I feel I may have been the reason it started turning that way. I apologize and have hidden the political part and put an edit.

I agree and I apologize. I blured it, but left it because it is part of this thread, with a edit.

I appreciate that someone I don’t know is sending their condolences, I didn’t mean to detract from that with my comment. My bad.

1 Like

all good :slight_smile:

Slightly off topic but with the protests going on, I don’t feel safe going to the grocery store or anywhere. People are looting malls and vandalizing public places.

1 Like

Agreed. I have to go into Philadelphia tomorrow for work. Hopefully since the weekend is over some of the activity will have died down. A building and several cars were burned down, and there was some pretty active looting at several locations.

1 Like

@rero_fox @Satur9 - I guess all I can say is the crowds don’t seem to be just gangbashing people that aren’t antagonists. I think if you keep your head down and don’t engage people you’d be fine. Bringing this back to DT - maybe show them your cool implant and they’ll be so distracted that everyone just hugs it out and real reform happens without the need for violence :slight_smile:

Can you tell I’m a glass half full kind of guy? :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds like you’re a glass completely full* kinda guy.

*contents may vary