Show off your blink! xSIID NFC + LED Gallery (+Glow)

It’s really encouraging to see people post that it took a while for their xSIIDs to show clearly in daylight. Got mine (blue) yesterday, and before seeing the posts about waiting for swelling, etc. to go down I was a bit worried, as the light could only be seen in a completely dark room.

1 Like

My blue one shows most excellent

4 Likes

I put xSIIID this monday and it works well since minute 1. I can’t take a photo, i will do it

1 Like

My blue xSIID

2 Likes

What microcontroller is that? Almost looks like a proton c.

It’s an STM32 black pill

I did a writeup of the device here:

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

red xSIID
blue xSIID
green flexSIID
red xLED

12 Likes

Here’s mine.

Someone mentioned that we should worry that theres something like cryptolocker in these chips. Will my spleen get encrypted and ill have to pay bitcoin to get access back ?

2 Likes

Close, it’s called CryptLocker and you pay Bitcoin or end up in a Crypt.

They’ve decided that repeat custom just isn’t as profitable as those big payouts, especially when they then sell your body parts off anyway after you’ve paid them.

5 Likes

Funny idea :slight_smile: there could be such a thing for these chips, no you shouldn’t worry.

I imagine an app that reads the NDEF, saves it, sets the NDEF to a link to a ransom note.

And then maybe changing the password and maybe even more config.

Question: As an attacker I have the NExT/DNGR password, could I set it to be written only with the password?

Whatever, this is highly unlikely to be done in real life as it wouldn’t be paying much. Best an attacker can get is like price of implant and install, there are better ways for criminals to make money.

2 Likes

And much much easier ones …
Same reason lock picking is not used for burglary …

5 Likes

4 Likes

Samsung Fold3 and xSIID blue

3 Likes

I know it says LED Gallery but… but… what about glow?

6 Likes

Edited :+1:

3 Likes

Is that a normal glow in the dark subdermal, or one of those DT LED+ glow prototypes that Amal was talking about?

That would be his custom DoNExT:

It was a replacement for his flexNExT, which met the same fate as most other flexNExTs. It was a similar idea, but with a hole punched in the middle, which was hoped to have fixed the failure issues (it didn’t, it seems). His post has more info, but AFAIK, he has the only one with glow powder.

1 Like

Bit late for me, but seeing Coma’s power button and now your glowy flexNExT, I want one too now.

Does the implant still work by the way?

1 Like