Show off your blink! xSIID NFC + LED Gallery (+Glow)

So, if you’re unlucky your xSIID is less bright than others?

only slightly so… the tissue around that end of the LED lights up really well regardless of the direction the LED is facing. Facing up, you get the LED’s output directly without much surrounding tissue lighting up… if the LED is facing exactly away from the skin you get all the surrounding tissue glowing really nicely.

also… i’m fairly certain that the x-series tube shaped implants do rotate around inside their fibrous cocoons on a regular basis… so if you’re “unlucky” just wait 5 minutes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So what’s the general consensus on the brightest blinky colour

I believe it used to be green, and it’s either white or green now, but I haven’t seen enough pictures of the white to get a good feel for brightness post-install

My guess is that it’s still green since less of that light would be absorbed by the red meaty bits in your hand

1 Like

I think some of it is subjective, but also wavelengths are affected by absorption through your skin… actually, @Satur9 has answered this previously…standby

Here you go

2 Likes

I’m colourblind :smile:

2 Likes

Blue is a cool color.

3 Likes

Literally

5 Likes

Did you just try to explain color… with a color chart? For someone color blind? :joy:

1 Like

Yes, But I assume he can still read…Blue - Blue Violet

Is this even better?

1 Like

I get you’re joke, but still…

2 Likes

Yours was still a good observation though :+1:

I also wonder what colour @NoUsersLefft is colour blind to

Pretty much anything but blue gets confused with other colours. Light shades of blue too but I can see darker shades pretty accurately
I don’t have full achromatopsia or anything

2 Likes

so… did they happen to pick the one and only color for which that joke would have landed???

2 Likes

seems they did :smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Now that the amber one is gone, they’re all pretty visible.

Saying that, I may have bought the last amber xSIID I could find :joy: - because make something limited edition / rare and I will probably buy it.

6 Likes

Same here :sweat_smile: about two weeks ago I found some more Amber colored xSIID through Digiwell in Germany. Bought a second one today and it was marked as the last one. :laughing:
So I can slowly start making plans for my right arm now :vertical_traffic_light: and maybe somewhere else… :thinking:

Sounds interesting! Looking forward to your project. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Interesting, Digiwell didn’t have any stock when I checked before ordering… I look forward to seeing your future blinkies!

1 Like

Yes, the Single ones where out of stock for… maybe months I think…but the Value kits where still available… well until today. Now I think they are all gone, which is a tiny little bit sad.

Same :grinning: (got a new special cybornidas beta yesterday as my birthday gift, hope it heals well,because it was a tricky one… if so, you might call me E. T. soon… :zipper_mouth_face: )

2 Likes