SHS3321 Firmware rollback

Ladies, fellas, and people who don’t give a fuck, I’m happy to announce that doing this firmware rollback has allowed me to open my deadbolt with my xSIID chip.

Also, funny story, I ended up not soldering anything… the end of the Molex connector broke, so when I realized the exposed wire is actually already in a clip shape, I simply clipped that wire to the connector on the PICkit. That was the most simple workaround and I’m glad I accidentally broke it.

if anyone wants to update the Chip Compatibility Matrix, I offer my anecdotal experience as evidence it works. :grin:

7 Likes

Fuck Yeah

That’s a win.

Awesome stuff buddy. I am glad it worked for you.

I will update the Matrix…and Done :+1:

Did you take enough photos / video for a guide for others?

1 Like

Well done @TamablePumpkin you have literally and figuratively opened up more lock options for everybody in the community.

Thanks! No, the only pictures I took were the two I already posted. The only thing that was missing from the initial guide from @TamablePumpkin was getting the deadbolt unit connected to the PICkit via the molex connector. Everything else was explained just fine, I think. My method worked for me but it was improvised, and although I’m glad it worked, I would just recommend an adaptor or a plan to solder or attach them if needed.

Thanks again to Tamable!

1 Like

@4nti Glad you got it to work!! tests_past++
Cheers @DonFire for covering the bits I left out of the read me,
I’ve added some sexy close ups with some labels and added solder, heat-shrink and headers to the list of things needed. Screenshots of software is in the to do pile.
@4nti was there anything in particular that needs clarifying that I’m still missing?

2 Likes

NICE

That’s a great update and makes life easier / less intimidating for less tech savvy people.

1 Like

Wiki has some screenshots and red circles for what to find where.

2 Likes

Not as far as I can recall! Adding in the bit about how the molex connects to the PICkit clears it up. Looks good!

1 Like

You can program from an Arduino with ICSP, right? I should be able to just take that hex file and upload after getting the pinout right…I think… Been awhile since I’ve had to, but I’d really like to get one of these locks soon. Got an August recently, and to be honest, it totally sucks (just too slow)

I don’t think it’s standard arduino ICSP, but you might be able to use it anyway with something like this:

1 Like

I had no idea there was a difference. Thanks for finding this!

Worst case, maybe I can ship it to someone with a real programmer :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, I have a willem5.0e sitting around somewhere… I have more research to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing job is a very good and very good explained. I was trying to see if this firmware can be compatible with the SHS-1321 but is not the same. Does anyone around think that they can extract the firmware from a SHS-1321 previous model (2017) and shared it? @TamablePumpkin did you modify something on the firmware before you uploaded or just use the same one on the newer version? Either way, if this can happen that would be amazing!! Thanks for all the info.

2 Likes

It’s just the exact firmware from the previous release of the same model, the only modification was removing the EEPROM data which is also extracted with the firmware by default.

Happy to help dump a SHS1321 if anyone needs a hand. @pierluigi8 if you’ve got a post 2017 one, some photos of its PCB’s might help with that?

1 Like

That would be amazing @TamablePumpkin. I have the hex file of the shs1321 post 2017 and pictures of the PCB here. Let me know how I can help you with this!

PIC18F66K22.hex.zip (33.5 KB)

ok - is there a dumbed down version of how to do this? what do i need? i have a 3321 freshly installed. now i just need to know how to roll the sucker back
@Pilgrimsmaster ? anyone?

2 Likes

:speaking_head: @TamablePumpkin

1 Like

There is a github with some instructions. Hopefully they are easy enough to follow.

You’ll need to buy a Pic though.

I saw some on aliexpress for pretty cheap.

SHS3321 Firmware rollback - #27 by TamablePumpkin

1 Like

@Pilgrimsmaster there are some smexy high res photos of what you need, along with purchase links to the niche stuff, more smexy high res photos of how its all connected, and a list of settings for MPLAB in the SHS3321-NexT-Firmware Wiki. If you have specific questions @LordSethos2000 I’m happy to help, I’m just also in the Sydney/Australia Time Zone so expect 24h turn around

2 Likes

well, i spent wayy to much on amazon for the parts needed :smiley:

thanks for the simplified directions!
im on my way - once done, i’ll post a cool vid to my insta so people can see how easy it is to cut off my hand and steal my transformer collection.

2 Likes

:pleading_face:

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes