SHS3321 Firmware rollback

I DID IT! Thanks for all the support above. DM me if anyone has issues with this process is was actually pretty straight forward.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, itā€™s been over a year since any activity or chatter on this lockā€¦. Any chance theyā€™ve changed the firmware again to allow for added tags?

Hey mate,
Iā€™ve not touched this in a year, my ā€œrolled backā€ lock has been working with my NeXT since the first publish date on the git repo and Iā€™ve not run into the collision problem I last wrote about in practice, however Iā€™ve also not tried to debug it either.

I doubt Samsung has made any changes to allow for more types of tags.

PIC reverse engineering is a rabbit hole I donā€™t have the time to chase at this point either.

TLDR:
Probably not

I just got done installing the Samsung SHS-3321 Everything is working great!

My experience:

• Creating the cable was super easy. Basic soldering, no one should be scared to do.
  • Learning PCKit3: Super easy, especially didnā€™t have to do anything except plug and play (pay attention to the status lights, I killed some time trying to figure out if everything was working or not when I should have just trusted it was fine)
  • Using MPLab IPE: super easy. Ensure you follow the screenshots Iā€™m happy I made the back up. My firmware didnā€™t flash correctly the first time, and the lock would play the music on repeat. I flashed it back to the original and started from scratch and everything worked great.
  • Ensure you do not have any batteries in the lock. That is the reason the first attempt didnā€™t work.

Other than that super easy, had great instructions, and works way better than the previous lock I had in there.

3 Likes

Not to be presumptuous,

But have you considered offering to rollback for others now that you know how to do it?

Could be a blessing for some on the forum

1 Like

I would love to!

To anyone who would like some help, please let me know! Iā€™m more than happy to help walk through, or if you pay shipping roll it back for you.

2 Likes