Simple Proxmark GUI concept

What about… now hear me out… instead of a gui, let’s make a manual… one with an index and a “how to” section?

7 Likes

Well the “task” scripts would depend on a specific firmware, most likely the latest iceman revision.

Yeah that and automatically tuning the antennas etc would be a great feature. Having a simple GUI that you can’t use because you have to build the firmware would not be too useful.

1 Like

A decent walkthrough of at least some of the basics would go a long way, with or without a gui… all the docs i’ve found so far have been… let’s say… not the most helpful hahaha

4 Likes

That is still a hurdle to basic users. and as a software engineer with dyslexia I am 100% not biased. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Manuals are great, but still having to deal with flashing firmware and working through manuals for a tool designed for professionals is why people still post here daily about the blue cloner - its a lower barrier to entry

4 Likes

HEATHEN, HOW DARE YOU!

4 Likes

I like this more. I actually want to learn, so it would be more benifical I feel like.

4 Likes

For learning maybe adding a “what we are doing” box that shows the command it is running and why? I also could design the DSL in such a way that it can both be run by the GUI and be compiled into a manual :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m off work, I’ve got some time!

I’m not the most advanced with Proxmark, but a getting started Wiki with instructions for working with xEM and xM1 implants, setting UID’s and dumping data off Mifare 1k cards will be coming soon. Watch this space for ‘Proxmark for Cyborgs’

That said, I don’t think these two ideas are competing. A guide is for the people who want to learn how to play with RFID and learn Proxmark. A GUI would be great for the people who just want it to work and would otherwise go with a blue cloner. There’s a place for both - since I can’t code GUI’s, I’ll jump on the other team!

4 Likes

Lucky bastard…

3 Likes

i love the idea of a wiki, the only thing that i think needs to be “fixed” is it would be nice for there to not be comments…

I think it would be nice to separate the WIKI and the forum (think of having to posts but one can be read and the other is comments) i think it keeps things tidier.

Tell you what would be nice is a communal wiki for thing like proxmark (how to and what to do to clone x,y,z) hopefully that would help people learn and hopefully contain some of the easier/repeated questions.

While also working on a GUI for simple, repetitive tasks to aid beginners and people who don’t really want to learn. (remembering to use proxmark easy and RDV4)

4 Likes

I agree, the goal would be to lock the thread from comments as soon as possible and encourage people to start new threads if they need specific help with anything - then take the knowledge from those threads and enhance the locked wiki

3 Likes

Unfortunately the Wiki functionality is currently locked down to Regulars although I heard rumblings about making some changes in that area.

1 Like

Yeah and cant lock topics till you get gold :wink:

2 Likes

Yes… ** stares somewhat enviously at @Pilgrimsmaster’s shiny golden leader badge ** :stuck_out_tongue:

tenor (2)

3 Likes

For those playing along at home, Wiki has been started here, and I’ve put in some info for cloning HID Prox to an xEM or NExT - it’s far from complete, but have a look if you’re interested - much more to come!

7 Likes

Likey

3 Likes

If helpful… We released an RFID KB a while back called KSEC tagbase. Happy to add/ update guides that people are keen to have.

https://tagbase.ksec.co.uk/

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I think it’d be a good fit for more intermediate users, but still looks a little intimidating for first timers.

Mind if I link it in the Wiki I’ve started? I think it’d be a good ‘Start here’ then head to KSEC when you want to get more in depth

3 Likes

Sounds good !

If you view the desktop version you can see easier how we tried to lay out the massive database of tags and information.

Mobiles a work in progress

2 Likes