Still No Feeling

I have had a xG3 v1 implant that I did probably about 3 days ago. I have a part near the injection site that is still numb. Do I have possible nerve damage. There was also alot of bruising near where the magnet is and near the injection site.

1 Like

Hey so I also have a xG3 v1 and i have it in the blade of my hand from what others have said and I can confirm the swelling first the first few days to week are way more than you think aso the xG3 v1 isn’t great for sensing as I’ve learned for myself

1 Like

Every injection comes with a bit of the 'ol nerve damage… but when it comes to the xG3 … the giant needle can cause some serious wreckage in its wake… especially for small dense things like fingers.

That said, swelling also can create a temporary nerve block by putting physical pressure on tissue and blocking blood flow, oxygen, and glucose to hungry nerve cells… this is why even slight swelling in the spine can cause paralysis and even a tiny bit of swelling in the brain can cause death.

The important thing is to try to carefully reduce swelling… possibly with an NSAID (don’t overdo it, just a normal dose) and possibly a quick bit of cold on it for 5 minutes… again don’t overdo anything… i’m not a doc and this is not medical advice, just what I would do… but again, don’t overdo anything.

If you want to see what overdoing things can lead to, just about every case on this YouTube channel is about somebody doing something dumb by taking it to the extreme. Great channel.

1 Like

i also want to input this!

“A nerve that is cut will grow at 1mm per day, after about a 4 week period of ‘rest’ following your injury.”

i had an xG3 V2 implanted in my knife edge about three and a half weeks ago, and certain spots are still a bit numb. if that changes soon i’ll update!!
i also recall reading a message from someone saying they began to feel magnetic fields a whole five weeks after their installation, which sounds about right according to this article!

3 Likes

I had my titan put in at the end of June. After the first day I noticed it felt like the half of my finger where the magnet is felt like there was a piece of packing tape stuck to it. It took about a month and a half but I almost have completely normal feeling in that finger again. The human body truly is an amazing thing

3 Likes