SURVEY Multi-purpose xSeries implant!

Hey @amal, just out of curiosity:-
what is the MOQ for for you to consider having an implant made?
What sort of survey numbers would quantify a production run for you? ??% of MOQ?

From another thread I read, I guess it depends on the specific chip you are ordering.
Also I imagine you have to decide, what the margins you are looking at, how long you can afford to have them as stock, how popular you think they will be, what sort and how much support they will need plus all the other boring but necessary business stuff involved.

From the above thread you mentioned the T5577 being easy to source, and you now have a reliable supplier of the Mifare “Magic” chips, and presumably the Spark 2 and DF2 chips.
Obviously you would be cautious for the first run of anything with Quality assurance, popularity etc.

With the similarity of the NExT and just swapping out the NT chip for another chip. (I’m sure it’s not just THAT simple)

Theoretically, from Whoa to go, how long would it take the factory to turn out a MOQ batch?

Again, this is purely to satiate my curiosity so no need to answer any / all of my questions if you dont wan’t to.

except maybe these 3 questions! :wink:
Did you vote?
If so, for which one?
And why?

There are some complexities in chip supply and manufacturing that come into play when we deal with new product engineering and production that preclude me from being able to specify things like lead times.

I voted for the xM1 + T5577 because it would mean the entire chip would be re-programmable… a true “hacker’s chip”… but there are complexity issues here as mentioned above that would make this particular arrangement slightly more difficult to create… though I think I will explore it.

9 Likes

:bulb: :seedling:

2 Likes

@amal just checking in to see if there was any progress on the feasibility or production of the xEM + xM1
aka
xEM1 :heart_decoration:
xRW :heart_decoration:
xHK
xHKR :heart_decoration:
xHCK
xHCKR
xH4CK3R

Could always overvolt the reader?

no progress at this point… it’s kinda far down the to do list :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, happy it is still on the cards.
I was just hoping to get it at the same time as Flex One…Unless you have a prototype ready for testing by then :wink:
I shall remain patiently waiting in anticipation.
unnamed%20(4)

4 Likes

images (48)

2 Likes

I’d also support an xNT and xBT. Or Spark 2 and xBT. I’d love to see something like that.

Given you usually put the BT in the armpit or somewhere else that is close to the core temp, reading it may be awkward…

Also (I may be way off) I think the xBT is not made by DT? It has a different glass specification to the other DT implants I have looked at and has the non migration coating. From the product page:

The xBT was designed for use in animals by Destron Fearing. The reason why the BioBond coating is necessary has to do with animal (dogs, cats, horses, etc.) physiology…

Just add it to Amals list…

giphy (12)

Not saying you are a wicked sorcerer and vizier, or that Amal is a short fat Sultan sitting on his throne…
pretty sure Amal said he is 6’4" (193cm)

tenor (14)

1 Like

Yep. It might be hard to make given it’s not currently made by DT. (I might be wrong) I do think that that’s why the spark2 is the best to pair with. If I remember right, the spark2 can be used as backup for the Vivokey and Apex chips so having it in a weird spot might be great.

1 Like

You know what I would love would be a flexEM with a flexM1 …

2 Likes

I was wondering if @amal could use the flexEM form factor to make a dual frequency field detector implant. It seems like you fit an LED in where the chip is and also add something like a HF LED fingernail on top without changing the size of the implant in any considerable way.

The benefit being that it would work as an actual field detector, the xLEDs are more for finding the position that works for an x form factor implant on any given reader, but it’s no replacement for a diagnostic card.

I just don’t know if the demand would be high enough for such a gnarly install for just 2 blinkys.

I think
Form factor I think would be an issue, My guess is it would need to be quite large.

Nothings impossible though.
The LF antenna would need to be thick (multilayered) or long rectangle or large disc and then you have to squeeze in an HF antenna (and chips obviously)

Maybe something like this…

I would love a FlexEM in Rectangular form factor, but that is probably much more difficult to “wind” by hand.

1 Like

oh I know I think its not really feasible without a relatively big implant but I definitely think it would be cool.

1 Like

For those who do not know what that is it is the smaller revision 2 of the Peg Leg implant

5 Likes

yeah precisely why I’m playing around with designing my own peg leg :wink:

3 Likes

Agreed

Intriguing… Are you going to share your “journey” in the projects section?

2 Likes

Haha, shouldn’t have said anything but yes eventually the “DevilLeg” will appear in the project section.

Its a very steep learning curve so its going to be a while yet and it definitely a labour of love.

4 Likes