The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

It is not really an app that you would need too often.
Maybe after purchase of an xNT to protect
Or if you wanted to format it, but there are other ways to do that

1 Like

Very tactical, much blackness

1 Like

cool.

3 Likes

you also get to test construction quality at the same time :slight_smile:

Thingiverse peeps, anyone know how to download an entire collection at a time?

The baka mitai one got me real good :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted to do the same. Looks like they have a decent API. Iā€™ll see if I can throw together a python script, hopefully should have something within the hour maybe.

EDIT: Nearly done :slight_smile: going swimmingly so far

EDIT2: Actually nearly done this time, I promise :wink: turns out they paginate their API, had to deal with that. It can now download very large collections, sorting everything into proper folders.

1 Like

I would love to see this in slow motion. Bet it looks wild.

You should look up hand grenades in ultra slow motion, itā€™s one of the coolest videos that changes how you view material properties

I always expect it to ā€¦just breakā€¦ but things are far more spongey and elastic than you think at high speed

Done!

Youā€™ll need python installed (and to install the requests module with ā€œpip install requestsā€), then you can just run ā€˜python collectiondownloader.pyā€™

Itā€™ll ask for the author name, and the collection name. For the collection name make sure you include special characters (and spaces), but case shouldnā€™t matter. Copy and paste should work just fine.

Itā€™ll then make a new folder with that collection name (careful, it deletes if a folder already exists), then inside of that a new folder for each thing in the collection. In those folders, itā€™ll have every file for each thing.

Their API is a little slow, so collections over 100 objects may take a bit depending on the server load (still only a few minutes, though, not crazy long).

If you need help running it, just lmk, I think you still have my telegram info.

2 Likes

Noice!

Have I mentioned youā€™re the best?

Itā€™s a definite possibility
But I recently decided I need to suck it up and dig down and commit to learning programming/codingā€¦ especially with job market the way it is

Just havenā€™t found a good starting place

By the way, Iā€™m about to push some fixes, turns out they donā€™t maintain their database very well, and occasionally collections contain things that no longer exist :frowning:

Fixed now though, gonna push the fixes in ~5 minutes. Will edit this comment when you should be all good to go :+1:

EDIT: Fix has been pushed to the git repo!

ā€¦are you saying you just fixed thingiverse?

Haha, I had to account for their issues I guess, rather than fixing them :slight_smile:

Basically had to stop my downloader from trying to download deleted things, to prevent a crash. Now it even prints out when it finds a deleted object, just to show how bad the problem is. I might email them, try and get them to fix it on their end as well.

You have to love the complete lack of safety in that video. The exploding tanks are crowded up against a building on one side, and what looks to be a street on the other side of that wall. To top that off, at about 0:40, you can see a guy just casually stroll in from the right hand side of the screen to walk amongst the freshly detonated spheres. You know he couldnā€™t have been at a reasonably safe distance at all.

Would a magnet location Wiki be helpful for potential Titan backers? To see where in the body have we tried implanting magnets so far.
ā€¦or review?

2 Likes

You are indeed a great person!!

Thatā€™s a hard oneā€¦ there is just so much that can be doneā€¦ my personal backlog of things to do keeps growing exponentially! (whilst my free time drops drastically) :yum:

Thatā€™s a glass half empty!
You got to love the absolute trust in the process instead! :laughing:

That is a great Idea! not only for Titan backers, thoughā€¦ but potentially mostly for them.

Although that sentence might need a bit rephrasingā€¦
You know how fast things go south in this community, right? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl:
ā€¦accepted, modified, specified :+1:

Edit: I remember seeing a spreadsheet about m31s (?) and was thinking about something similar.

2 Likes

I really like that idea, especially since Iā€™m still not sure at all on where to place my Titanā€¦
A clean and tidy collection of installation spots and experiences with them (considering healing time, all-day-practicability, sensing ability and all that) would be a nice thing to have :slight_smile:
:unicorn_thumbs_up:

edit:

I have absolutely no idea what youā€™re talking about! :smile:

2 Likes

Waveshare 2.7inch Passive NFC-Powered E-Paper Module No Battery Wireless Powering & Data Transfer Provides Android APP Black and White Display https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08B3RG439/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_JKW8612XCNT17T3QSY5Z

Candidate for conversion??

1 Like