The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Excluding the usual ā€œimplants have small sweet spotsā€

Is there a likely reason that my proxmark 3 easy would be having a super hard time picking up anything hf?

Itā€™s definitely putting out field as I can light my Xsiid up for daysā€¦ but I canā€™t seem to get any kind of hit

Only real hit I got was an iso card, and that STILL took a couple repositions to get a hit

Iā€™m doing a hw tune cycle

Just making sure Iā€™m not doing something wrong :man_shrugging:t2:

Insufficient power supply?

Just coming out of a laptop usbā€¦ Iā€™ll try plugging in I suppose, but as much as that could make senseā€¦ Iā€™m not sure how it could happen

Iā€™ve got a usb multimeter I can use also to verify power flow

Whatā€™s that mean?

If the hw tune output is good then this is a likely issueā€¦ or massive environmental interference. I once had serious problems trying to get HF reads because I happened to be positioning my proxmark3 on my wooden desk directly overtop of a big metal support beam on the underside. Moved it an inch over and worked great. If your table has a metal subsurface, could be the issue? Try holding the proxmark3 and card or whatever up in free space?

I just meant that whenever I use the proxmark,

First thing I do when I fire it up is a hw tuneā€¦ more or less checking the box

I used to also, until

1 Like

Is combi-cam out if business?

I know their site was always a 90ā€™s style nightmareā€¦

But I was looking them up because I wanted one of their rfid unitsā€¦ possibly for a little demo at circlecon

And itā€™s hard to find units from something that isnā€™t eBayā€¦ and I saw a few with other brand name, but same product number

Takeover?

So true

I think you canā€™t buy durect from them as they are a wholesale company, alot of their stuff is special order, either way I think you have to request a retail locationā€¦very backwards

hereā€™s a link to request info page as shown above
https://www.combi-cam.com/Drawer-Locks.htm

Yea I put in a requestā€¦ just always seems weird when there isnā€™t an actual store

Just a random thing I saw, and a yummy way of getting some collagen into your body when you are trying to encapsulate an implant

3 Likes

*Proceeds to eat all of the cheesecake in one sitting.

Oh wait, I should order another implant and use it as an excuse to eat more cheesecake.

3 Likes

So excited. Going away this weekend for a Fire Dept. Conference. Hopefully get to finally use my xM1 (if it works with their system).

1st hotel I went to I copied hotel card to xM1, but their reader didnā€™t pick up my implant (it was the same day I got it so wasnā€™t expecting much).

Next hotel I went to, pm3 couldnā€™t crack the code. Just keep running and running.

Hopefully 3rd times a charm! Otherwise I might need to go visit amalā€™s favorite 6ft rat

3 Likes

Andā€¦:poop:

Itā€™s an Ultralight C.

:pensive:

Is ultralight not clonable?

To my knowledge no. UID is too big.

My xM1 is 4 bytes. The Ultralight C is 7 bytes.

I think we need to add implant-friendly hotels to the capability sheet :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™d actually be interested in a hotel matrix sheet to help plan where to stay when out of town! XD

4 Likes

Heres a start

Link to sheet

Just add a post in the Chip compatiblity matrix thread

With info
Hotel chain name
Implant
Self or staff enrolled

weā€™ll see hot it goes

3 Likes

I have a card from the hotel last weekend, I wasnā€™t able to dedicate enough time to fiddle with it to see what it was and clone it to my imolsnt

ā€¦ so I just kept it to decode later lol

Only thing I can tel so far is it doesnā€™t scan with TagInfoā€¦ so could be 125 or mifare classic as mine wonā€™t pick those up

Thereā€™s also a PL1 on the bottom of the card if that bears any significance

1 Like

This would be my guess also

Iā€™ll find out this weekend,

I didnā€™t have my dt card, or proxmark on hand like I planned

Iā€™m hoping my proxmark will work in hf modeā€¦ I need to see whatā€™s up with that

1 Like