The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

So it sounds sorta like a cgm using a chemical reaction to look for covid. Wounder what the use time of the implant is, they also didnā€™t mentions feedback is it scanned or does it have a power sourceā€¦ the filter for dialysis is awesome and will save some of the most vulnerable people if pushed into service.

At least it isnā€™t the Daily Mailā€¦

1 Like

This! Itā€™s always annoyed me how one or two ā€œbad eggsā€ or ā€œsnowflakesā€ or whatever you want to call them can ruin a really good thing/environment.

3 Likes

I donā€™t really plan toā€¦ itā€™s justā€¦ dunno, letā€™s be honest, Iā€™m mainly here for the offtopic-stuff, since I know nearly nothing about electronics, building door locks, printing PCB and the like. So, a few bodmod-infos for those who need them, and the rest is offtopic :wink:
I recently saw a change in atmosphere here. No clue if itā€™s because of the discord, or because of people being more aggressive because of lockdowns or whatever, but I feel that I am currently not so keen on stating my opinion here, because I donā€™t want to stir up some chaos again. And thatā€™s not something I feel comfortable with, for I usually state my opinion and like to discuss with people who think differently. Iā€™d even like to understand why ragebolus overreacted that massively, butā€¦ like I said, those discussions were the only ones that severly went wrong.
And let me state that - Iā€™m bisexual myself, have lots of gay friends, so Iā€™m kinda even a member of this LGBTQ+ comm. But I just donā€™t get it anymore. Why this aggression, this hate against everyone of different opinion? Maybe people dislike the way I live - and you know what? Thatā€™s okay! Not everyone has to agree on my way of thinking, not everyone has to like what I do. And people can even make some jokes about the way I live - and believe me, people regularly do. You can be discriminated against not only if youā€™re transgender or PoC, there are lots of other reasons as well. But to lash out that massively against a member of the own community, just because he made A JOKE is justā€¦ incredible. Why not show some personal sovereignity and just smile the comment away? Or react with a witty comment?
I just donā€™t get it anymore.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t read any of the deleted comments, but I will take you at your word. If that is the case then most definitely not something I would agree with.

Indeed, I find that discussing things with people you disagree with (rather than arguing with them) leads to a better understanding of the subject, new perspectives, and either reinforces, or changes your beliefs.

I am not, but I donā€™t see what my feelings have to do with how you should lead your life. I have known quite a few gay and bisexual people myself, and have no problem with their sexuality. In fact the only people that I have a problem with are the ones that try to force their views on anyone else (whether I share those views or not).

The world would be very boring if we were all the same.

As for discrimination, I am white, middle class, european, anglo saxon, protestant, male, heterosexualā€¦ So not a problem I normally face. But that doesnā€™t mean that I think anyone else should either. I used to do a lot of voluntary work with disabled people, and one of them told me he liked the fact that I didnā€™t talk down to him, or treated him any differently than anyone else. I never saw any reason why anyone should.

3 Likes

Hit the nail on the head! I believed that most people who have implants and bodymods shared this believe due to many people regularly criticising bodymodding, but I guess I was wrong :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You know what !? I have been keeping schtum, because even talking about this is changing the tone of the Forum.
It is clear to me that I can no longer keep quiet.

You are not the only one, and I am not happy about it.

I have other adjectives I would use.

It is bullshit, There are many of us here that have spent a great deal of time on this forum to create an amazing community and then just a couple of people that pop in from time to time with their attitude, leave a steaming pile of shit and their stench behind them when they leave, This will happen no moreā€¦

THIS is unacceptable to me, @coma you can say what the fuck you likeā€¦

Feel no risk of repercussions, I have your back.

5 Likes

Totally agree with you there! Discrimination, for whatever reason, is a stupid and terrible thing. But some people feel discriminated against just because others donā€™t agree with them, and thatā€™s a difficult thing. It is not discrimination if I say I donā€™t like someoneā€™s way of living. Itā€™s discrimination if I want to prevent them to live that way. And I think that is a difference. If, for example, you go to jail because youā€™re a gay protester in Russia, thatā€™s clearly discrimination. But if you meet someone who just states heā€™s uncomfortable with men kissing in front of him, itā€™s not.

Yep, I always tried to talk as much as possible to people who were totally different to myself, for the exact reasons you stated. But today, especially on the internet, people tend to surround with others who are of the very same opinionā€¦ that leads to problems, obviously.

I knowā€¦ and it was one of the reasons why I was a bit hesitant to write what I finally wrote. But I think a community can go out of such shit stronger and more unite, in a way, if all goes fine. At least there is a chance for that.
So Iā€™d like to, carefully, ask those people who often react pretty aggressive or feel attacked here: Why do you? Iā€™d like to understand it, Iā€™d like to talk about that, to prevent this shit from happening again.

Thanks a lot, Pilgrim - this means a lot for me.

4 Likes

Indeed. I hope I am neither of those groups, but if I do offend someone, please tell me, publicly or privately, and I will apologise and try not to cause further offense. From what I have seen offense often comes from misunderstandings rather than deliberation.

3 Likes

Thats the victim complex it pisses me off royaly.

4 Likes

Yeah, but thatā€™s part of the problem as well, I think. I definitely donā€™t want to offend anyone intentionally, but I canā€™t help the fact that some people are offended by my sheer existence :wink:
If I offend anyone here, please tell me, and afterwards, letā€™s discuss why it was offensive - it might have been my fault, absolutely, but it might also be because someone was offended too fast.
So I agree with your part about the misunderstandings, but I think the reason for that can be the sender as well as the receiver in many cases.

3 Likes

I FUCKEN LOVE THIS VIDEO

A great TV show
A great Movie
A great song to go with the scene

A great message

8 Likes

That was why I said ā€œTryā€ā€¦ If you are offended by my very existence then the one thing that I could do to stop that isnā€™t happening.

1 Like

Again my simple suggestion to de-escalate some of thisā€¦

If person A and person B canā€™t agree to disagree peacefully then just block/ignore each other

Itā€™s not the whole forum you have a problem with

6 Likes

giphy giphy (1) screw-you-guys-im-outta-here source source (1) source (2)
Itā€™s *always that one personā€¦ :shopping_cart: :bust_in_silhouette:
By the wayā€¦ New episode is out, titled ā€œVaccination Specialā€
:partying_face:

1 Like

WHaaaAaT?!

Oh, that oneā€¦ got me hyped for a second.

I see whole lot of whiny ass people in here, who yā€™all calling snowflakes again?

1 Like

Do you think you can start a worthy, helpful discussion with a sentence like that?

1 Like

Sorry.

I see a whole lot of offended people complaining about how people get offended.

Better?

1 Like

Yep. And I can only talk for myself, but I was offended by someone massively overreacting and insulting someone who made a joke.

2 Likes