The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Soooo, I can vape the magic goo?

2 Likes

I doubt anyone will try and stop you.

The security is why I accept the idea of wearing an implant whose private key isnā€™t in my possession but in Vivokeyā€™s. As you know, thatā€™s not normally my sort of thing. But I understand the concept and I think itā€™s an okay compromise.

What worries me more is this: if Iā€™m the guy in charge of implementing a solution for contactless transport tickets at my local PTA, an amusement parkā€™s ID system or my countryā€™s contactless national ID card, why would I go to the extra step of working with Vivokey? The simplest solution for me is to buy a bunch of blank cards, burn whatever private key and Java apps I want onto them and give those to my customers.

The only reason Iā€™d want to work with Vivokey is if I recognized the need to deal with customers who essentially come with their own card vs me issuing them a new card, and the only reason a customer would come with their own card and wouldnā€™t want a new one is because said card is an implant. Unfortunately, the market share for people with implants vs people with a wallet that can contain several cards is extremely tiny. So I wonā€™t bother.

If there was a lot of people who wore implants, I as a designer, I would worry about catering for them. But there isnā€™t so I wonā€™t. Iā€™ll just do my own thing and issue yet another NFC card like everybody does today. As a result, there isnā€™t a strong use case for implants and not very many people will want to get a Vivokey chip. Chicken and egg problem.

Thatā€™s what I fear will happen with Vivokey. Youā€™re on the right track technically, but you donā€™t have the size or customer base to even register on anybodyā€™s radar. As a result, nobody in charge of building the compatible infrastrusture that would make a Vivokey chip appealing will bother.

1 Like

I trust you to make safe products, but somehow Iā€™m happy you clarified this nonetheless :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no incentive to work with VivoKey, however if they are interested in deploying their solution as a Java card app, then they donā€™t need to work through VivoKey, just allow their applet to be deployed securely to VivoKey devices. Itā€™s a slightly different but important difference.

4 Likes

VK has no control over the keys. You generate them inside of you and they stay there, if thatā€™s not your possession idk what is.

This is true, but thereā€™s a solution. If VK prepared everything on their end and then spends a LOT on marketing, it has a chance to catch on.

If VK is attractive on its own, without transit and banks, and enough people get one, companies will follow. VK alone probably has a good chance in the yubikey market which is growing daily, even if only because people need 2FA for work.

Ofc though payment & transit will be the killer app.

But VK isnā€™t alone. Fidesmo is trying to merge all cards into one which can reduce costs for companies, so we have a good chance imo.

Yes they do: the master key that lets you deploy apps on the chip is not in your control.

Well, it all depends whether youā€™re an optimist or a pessimist. I tend to be the latter, because if things goes wrong, Iā€™m never disappointed. But I sure respect Amal and everybody else in that game for trying to climb that particular hill.

If it works and Vivokey / Fidesmo end up being big enough players that I get to hear about them in mainstream media, and I start seeing public or financial services giving me the option to enroll my implant, I will commission a giant portrait of Amal, frame it in an overly ornate gilded frame, and hang in on my wall of the greatest people with balls of brass I respect most in the entire world.

Until that happens though, my intellectual makeup compels me to look at the cold hard facts today and admit that the odds arenā€™t good.

1 Like

Okay but technically thatā€™s Fidesmo not VK :wink:

The plans of unlocking Apexes is probably shelfed, but on the discord people are playing with their own P71s, so if you want to control everything I think thatā€™s an option soonā„¢.

True, but this is one of the things Iā€™m optimistic about, itā€™s more fun that way.

One block from home and I came across these three deer who took one look at me and went back to eating.

3 Likes

Ah yes true that. I guess I meant youā€™re hosting someone elseā€™s chip under your skin. Iā€™m okay with that actually, for the benefit of interfacing with outside services that I donā€™t provide.

1 Like

Man, I have been trying so hard to get my info and stuff removed from public domain. It is a never ending struggles. I was a soldier, so my name is associated with publicly posted pictures for sale from the US government.

Iā€™m a white man. In one of the pictures, they labeled my buddy, a black man, as my name and vice versa on a different pic.

Government work.

Yeah, they are fucked if the wrong crowd takes it to heart.

Hey @amal how many days since your last threat?

He has mentioned they come in. I like to live the low life

1 Like

Hell, I even played you back in the days!

1 Like
this is non conducive tothe conversation. Roscoe and I have ended it, no more comments needed, but left because public

Hell, the US government played me like they did tons of other people. Mixed feelings I canā€™t get over. Like, I would do it again to be there for my brothers, but I know now, I was a tool to get rich, as they fed us soldiers crumbs.

3 Likes

I think perhaps this is not the venue to discuss US imperialism. Butā€¦ yeah, you were a tool of US imperialism. No offenseā€¦

3 Likes

We did have cool shit though. GPS guided mortars, the m203?(under barrel grenade)That had the adjustable explosion.

Got to shoot the .50cal
Barrett
M4
M16a1
M16a2
Grenades
120 mortars
Javelin (wire guided one)
Used the crow system
M320?(auto 40mm launcher)

I think my hall of fame photo is me with a dragunov?

Idk. There was tons of cool shit I canā€™t do anymore. Got to repel from helicopters, ridden in more than I can count.

I kinda miss it some days, easy ass paycheck in hindsight

1 Like

Hey fair

@anon3825968 I think I dealt with it

1 Like

Funny this:

Apparently the Finns didnā€™t wait: my first shot was Pfizer and my second shot was Moderna (and I never got so sick from a vaccine the second time incidentally: it put me to bed for 3 solid daysā€¦) When I asked the nurse whether it was okay to mix vaccines the second time around, because I had heard it wasnā€™t so great, she literally said ā€œWell, it wasnā€™t. But we ran out of Pfizer. So now it is.ā€ :wink:

1 Like

Idunno

Without rehashing all of the previous vaccine/bodily autonomy debate

I genuinely donā€™t know how much I trust stuff like thisā€¦ how many corners and standards are getting cut or overlooked

When was the last time the fda, who is notoriously hard to get approval fromā€¦ rejected anything?
(I guess they pulled JJ for a hot second when people were having reactions)

Not saying that boosters are bad or anything like thatā€¦ just that Iā€™m far too cynical that standards and methodology are being changed to get things thru

Iā€™ll trust any European health authority before I trust the FDA. Cavalier though the Finnish nurseā€™s reply was, Iā€™m pretty sure there was a sound safety assessment behind Finlandā€™s allowing mixing shot brands. If there was any serious risk, I trust they wouldnā€™t have done it. I canā€™t say the same of the FDA.

8 Likes