The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

The SOS HELP part is brilliant!

1 Like

Yeah, I hope the Prof gets it !

2 Likes

Cheers mate!

Heā€™s controlling my number twoā€™s? No wonder I feel blocked up!

3 Likes

@anon3825968 So I know youā€™ve lived quite a few places outside of the U.S. which was your favorite and why?

Not counting Finland where I am now, Belgium / Wallonia, followed closely by Canada / Ontario. Iā€™m being specific because there are more than one country in Belgium and Canada :wink:

Why is complicated, but letā€™s put it this way: living somewhere is like marrying someone: your wife may be beautiful, intelligent, strong, or a bit dull, a bit dumbā€¦ itā€™s a combination of things. The woman you end up spending the rest of your life may not be terribly pretty or smart, but sheā€™s the right person for you. Same when you ā€œadoptā€ a country.

But if I have to pick one reason: the Belgians donā€™t take themselves too seriously, and Canada is kind of the right mix of the best the US, the UK and France have to offer.

1 Like

I get that. I went through some deep dark shit in my life. Coming out the other side I opted for the Geographic Cure. I moved to a place of my choosing. Itā€™s funny when I tell people who live here that I had the opportunity to move anywhere in the world, or at least in the U.S. with no problems, and I chose the backwater that they canā€™t wait to leave behind.

This place is a back woods kinda thing. Far from conveniences of the big cities, but I chose that on purpose. I also found peace here, which I desperately needed. Canā€™t really tell you whatā€™s special about this place, yet it is very special to me. Home. I was lost, and now Iā€™m Home.

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s something I learned a long time ago: put a man in heaven, and soon heā€™ll get bored and find something to complain about.

All the countries Iā€™ve lived in have amazing and beautiful things to offer. All the states have fantastic services and opportunities that anyone can take advantage of if they care to. All the cultures Iā€™ve had the chance to know with some intimacy are rich and diverse. Yet invariably, the locals think their neck of the woods is kind of meh, and they all express an interest in moving elsewhere for their retirement.

Itā€™s the grass is greener effect. I just donā€™t understand itā€¦

Happens often, yeah, but I have to say that Iā€™m just pretty happy where I live, even though I was born here. Germany has a lot of advantages for me, personally, and the city where I live might be a bit boring (and a tad too hipster-loaden), but other nice cities are easily to reach. Additionally, the area of the city where I live (a bit outside) is calm and beautiful, weā€™ve got a really big forest (that in parts hasnā€™t been touched for some hundred years) about 100 meters from our house, our neighbors are friendly as well - it is home, and I wouldnā€™t want to live anywhere else. At least not permanently - traveling is fine :wink:

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve just been considering where Iā€™d like to move when I get out of Uni. Canada will definitely be the easiest (since I can move there without a visa for 6 months). But have also considered various parts of Europe and Australia.
Which I have plenty of time to decide it just kinda lands in the general curiosity of where I could quite possibly spend the rest of my life.

The one place I want to live, is not a place that would be safe for my family and I.

Afghanistan.

Beautiful country, at least where I was for a bit.

Funny how I wouldā€™ve never seen how beautiful it was had you not said anything. Some of the pictures I found are truly stunning. But if you just straight google it all you see is the mountains and military bases.

Random derail.

Would someone knowledgeable be willing to start a how to thread on reading / writing tags?

Iā€™d like to see a how to-ish thread that starts with some of the simpler stuff like phone apps and then works to progessively harder / more capable stuff like the proxmark and itā€™s variants.

Iā€™d do it myself, but Iā€™m just getting ready to learn it and cant teach as a result.

Derail squared.

Finally hit up the guy at work about enrolling my NExT. Got a flat no. He wasnā€™t trying to be a jerk or anything, itā€™s just that the system is one of those proprietary walled garden things. He also mentioned how god awful exspensive replacement badges were. Iā€™m gonna poke around a bit and see if I canā€™t figure a cheap badge solution. If I can, it might just buy enoug gratitude to secure my admission to enrollment.

1 Like

Classic access control system company using the security features of the chips to lock customers in.

2 Likes

Google: Neuschwanstein

Neuschwanstein-Castle-Bavarian-Alps-Germany

1 Like

How tough would it be to get the pope to bless an implant? I kinda want to make some heads explode.

1 Like

If you get this done, please, please, PLEASE have the implant in your right hand :joy::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thats the whole plan! It would be something like a titan (Maybe I could even etch a papal cross!)

1 Like

Ahh yes but then the cross could be upside down, and we wouldnā€™t want that would we? Lol

Done.
And incredibly happy and a bit dizzy :slight_smile:
Eh, just had to share it, and I canā€™t derail much here :smile:

18 Likes