The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Iā€™ve used the white version in FIRST robotics in HS, itā€™s truly ridiculous. The price wasnā€™t an issue as we had a few sponsors, and I believe we got discounts from 3M. We would use it to affix entire parts to the bots, never had them come undone once. Itā€™s pretty crazy to be able to just slap a router onto a piece of plexiglass in seconds, and know that you might need a screwdriver to pop it off later.

I love that stuff, trick Iā€™ve found to get things off is to

1. make sure all the pieces are lined up in the same orientation

2. Pivot/roll in that orientation, trying to pull straight out will just destroy EVERYTHING (besides to dual lock ofc)

Todayā€™s look after cleansing - feels great, isnā€™t even painful if I touch it carefully, the only annoying thing is the plastic wrap I have to keep wearing for the first week :wink:

This is strange for me to answer - because it actually wasnā€™t. It was painful, yes, but it was such a great and special experience that I wouldnā€™t call it ā€œuncomfortableā€. My artist (and his assistance) took all the time he (and I) needed, I could ask for a break whenever I needed one, they supplied me with cold drinks, took care of me, were the nicest and greatest and most caring persons I can think of. I think it would have been uncomfortable in a different environment, yes, definitely; but for me, it wasnā€™t :wink:

8 Likes

Lol I only just realised its scarification not a tattoo :sweat_smile:

Whatā€™s the expected heal time on something like that. A week to heal past open wound, but how long to fully scarify?

One week of permanent plastic wrap (changing it twice a day), then a week with ā€œspecial careā€ (rubbing it with lemon & sugar) and plastic wrap, and after that Iā€™m through with aftercare. The scars develop over time, of course - until they are white and elevated, it might take some months - but the healing itself is done pretty fast. I think :wink:

Yeah, my mom just asked me today if there is red tattoo colour addedā€¦ hell nah, thatā€™s just the way my body looks under the skin :smile:

5 Likes

That looks awesome, Coma. Kudos to your installer, and I hope it turns out the way you want :grinning:

2 Likes

Hm. Whatā€™s the reason for lemon and sugar? Sugar for surface abrasion, and lemon for irritation - both to promote scarification?

Pretty exactly that. Additionally, my artist said that a periodic change in pH-level creates better scars as well. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Mmmmm, I love pancakes :pancakes:

I find this interesting. I have many questions.
How is it applied? Spritz? pour on the juice to feel the burn :fire: then sprinkle on sugar?
What are the proportions?
How do you prepare it? heated? room temp? chilled?
I wonder what the purpose of the sugar is?
I dont believe it would alter the acidity level (which you probably donā€™t want anyway) but the citric acid will breakdown the Sucrose to Fructose and Glucose. So Iā€™m not sure the purpose, other than your body being able to absorb it more easilyā€¦ I have never tried to do this THROUGH my skinā€¦ normally just on my pancakes :pancakes: Mmmmm, Pancakes :pancakes:

Anyway, if you heat your special scarification potion before you apply it, this will speed up the chemical reaction between the Citric acid and sucroseā€¦ but I really donā€™t know if that helps or not :man_shrugging:

This would normally be an internal dialogue, thought I would share. :speech_balloon:

Any way, Iā€™m off to have some pancakes :pancakes:

Mmmmmm Pancakes :pancakes:

1 Like

Same here :wink:
Considering the rest of your internal dialogue - heeeeeell, you know Iā€™m no native speaker, stop confusing me! :stuck_out_tongue:

If anything of the above was meant serious (and Iā€™m not the least bit sure about that!) - the plan is to pour sugar on a small plate, dip a halved lemon into it and massage the scarification with it. I think the sugar is mainly for the abrasive effect, and the lemon for skin irritation and acidity. Iā€™ve heard others do it with lemon and salt, so I think thatā€™s mainly for the peeling, and Iā€™m gonna use sugar simply because it was my artistā€™s advice - and I like pancakes, too. So, more sugar, less salt for me :wink:

2 Likes

Everything past ā€œMmmmm i love pancakesā€ is serious.
You answered his question tho.

Iā€™m not certain but I know lemon is used to reduce oils on the skin (coz citric acid ya know), reduce inflammation (idk why that part works) and also lemon having natural antiseptic properties that are an added bonus when you have to use something anyway. Sugar would most likely be used as an exfoliator. all this is really to keep the scar irritated for as long as possible while still encouraging more scaring to make sure the scar design is more pronounced and the end result is nice.

Btw coma, love the design.

2 Likes

Did you guys check the Kaspersky study?
I was colouring a bit for a paper Im about to submit.

1 Like

I suspect @Pilgrimsmaster was serious about that too, however irrelevant to his actual question :stuck_out_tongue:

Are there any other brothers in this forum?

You mean OTHER than @Compgeek & @PulsarForce ?

Iā€™m not sure you understood me :joy:

1 Like

@Cobble ?

Yeah, but your English is REALLY amazing.

1 Like

I took it literally rather than colloquially, In NZ anyboy could be a ā€œBROā€

Would they have to be of African descent? If so, as we are all descendants from the cradle of life in Ethiopia or South Africa ( Depending on who you ask ) Therefore we all would be.

If you are referring to dark-skinned, then @Rajaramjet fits the bill.

Or maybe a Monk?

ā€¦

At the end of the day, we are all pink on the inside!