The chip is not there

Based on the video I can’t see that the implant would have came out. It looks like it’s just super deep. If you can I would get an xray, unless you can find it with a high powered reader. As @Pilgrimsmaster stated the plunger was fully depressed so we know it wasn’t stuck to the syringe. I have a feeling that it’s in your arm somewhere, or there’s a small itty bitty chance(not trying to jump to conclusions, but this would be a prime example of how it could happen,all the right factors are there) that it did get injected into a vein. Watching the video they hit a vein out right, and if they followed it straight up and down…

It’s more than likely still in your arm, but you can’t find it. The NFC field generated by your phone will light the led, but it’s touchy and your phone doesn’t create that high power of a field. Try to get a good higher powered reader(USB or otherwise)

I did a magnet test but found nothing. Earlier I tested it with 2 smartphones, fliper and proxmark.

I’m going for an MRI today.

If it’s deep enough to not be able to feel then it’s too deep for any of those readers. You need an industrial type of reader not a hobby one, basically not powered on battery or USB. Is the MRI of that location? If not it shouldn’t matter. If it is that area you should be able to see it.

Just ask the radiologist if you can get an x-ray ‘just to be safe’ then at least you’ll know if it’s lost or not for sure.

double this.

1 Like

Just another note. When such a large needle is needle is inserted, it is normal to damage enough small blood vessels that bleeding is guaranteed, but the rate the pressure built up was pretty fast. Some damage to larger blood vessels almost certainly occurred. Evidence of this is is the sudden appearance of pressure just above the needle incision, as well as the rapid swelling around the injection pocket.

This is another reason why it is critical that the needle be withdrawn before ejecting. If the needle somehow did make it into a large blood vessel, you will be pushing it right into the vessel… whereas retraction of the needle should withdraw it from the vessel as well, and hopefully the device will deposit into the fascia and not somehow re-enter the vessel when ejected.

@mfries18 I will be putting this notation in big bold letters and flashing alarm bells when we revamp our procedure guides.

2 Likes

Semi related question…

What are the chances of a injector assembly making it out without a chip in the needle?

I feel like this would be a lower bar for me to believe

I don’t think everyone takes the time to visually verify before stabbing, let alone self installs

AND/OR they dipped the needle and it feel out when they weren’t looking

possible… but extremely low. … like very low.

We place a small dot of silicone on the inside of the needle to stop the devices from falling out. They must be pushed out. Just another little touch of class from your friendly biohacking company :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i noticed that when i inspected my used injector

2 Likes

I assumed there was probably something, since I’d expect to hear about it happening if it could

1 Like

I come to you with good news. I did an x-ray. The chip is in place but deep. Now I have to think how to get it out. :smiley:

3 Likes

joey-friends

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, that’s good news…kinda.

It might be quite difficult to recover.

2 Likes

I have a friendly surgeon. We’ll have fun :wink:

1 Like

fantastic-fanta

4 Likes

I wanted to reply to this, I got an Xled implant in a similar spot but its migrated quite a bit from where I put it in. Probably an inch - inch & a half. I can still get it to light up most days but I think the constant wrist movement (even tho it was a good bit from the wrist) caused it to migrate the way it did. Reads fine with a flipper but not my cell phone. I’m not concerned about it.

Can’t feel the implant at all with my fingers but I’m kinda chunky.

Edit: took off my phone case and its reading. Interesting thing about it being deeper is the light spreads a lot more :3