The flexNExT is now in limited release!

Haha kinda. We developed relationships within the logistics department that interface with customs agents in various countries and ports.

2 Likes

13 Likes

The doNExT has arrived:

I ran a quick check cuz I ain’t got no time right now: it rings (so at least the UID reads) and the blinkies light up. But it doesn’t read through my wrist, and barely through my hand. Maybe it’ll do better under my skin. That’s with an ACR-122U.

Also, I can see there’s potential to create a multi-coil configuration and address each blinkie separately. I’ll get cracking on that when I have some time.

For now it’ll sit in its pouch until Sept 5th, and I’ll read it every now and then, to give it some time to fail if it must.

5 Likes

Question on this new form factor.

I know we’ve texted stuff like the NExT and xEM on MRI’s up to I think it was 7T. do we know where these new Flex installs would land on that?

1 Like

There’s not really enough copper to generate heat from eddy currents. I suppose there could be some ferromagnetic material in the NTAG 216 chip, but it would definitely be less than the x-series ferrite core, which is safe. Does anybody have a flexNEXT and a magnet?

FlexMT vs neodymium = Nada, Zero, Zilch, nothing

I have larger and smaller Neodymium but tgere is absolutely NO attraction

4 Likes

You mean you went with no blinkies :astonished::astonished::astonished: didnt even know that was an option.

1 Like

haha, yeah, I’m not a fan personally.

:warning: CONTRIDICTION WARNING :warning:
I do like the :bulb: idea :bulb: of the 3 blinkies and palming a reader, but just not for me.

If it ever became a thing, I would also implant a 2in1 (HF LF) Field detector in xSeries or wedge Flex ( I am still considering the individual LF and HF xLEDs)
My diagnostic card is a part of my EDC

1 Like
4 Likes

Funny, it visibly looks attracted by the ACR122. It even reverses rotation direction!

I think we found the cause of Azflyer’s problem: he’s been reading his so much it went full circle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah it’s just fluid dynamics… the solution on the outside is flowing faster than the inside and it adds friction to the rotation of the flexNExT which spins it the opposite way… at least until the flow equalizes near the end and it returns to it’s normal rotation. It’s very crazy stuff, fluid dynamics.

1 Like

So are you saying there’s some fluids sloshing around in complicated patterns inside Azflyer? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha exactly :ok_hand: it’s a psychedelic swirl of beer and coffee in there.

1 Like

I’m curious: does any of you flexNExT wearers actually use the LF part of it?

Is there any progress?

I’m a flexNExT non wearer with one on the bench to install.

Will be using the LF for a specific purpose. There’s one device I use about 1-2 days a month that the manufacturer designed with the LF antenna about 1cm back from the shell of the case (it’s on a daughter board on the PCB, not mounted to the case)

I considered it a ‘bonus’ - I didn’t buy for LF, but I do have a use for it in mind.

Honestly not yet. But we’re going to completely renovate our house this year or the next, and I’m actually thinking about some kind of lock for some kind of door… not very specific yet, have to get a whole lot of infos before :wink:

edit: oh, and my beloved one is not yet interested in getting chipped… might be a bad idea to lock him out, I guess… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Work badge is copied to mine. Pandemic limits how much I actually need to use it since I’m mostly working from home, but it is getting used.

I just googled “FlexNext” for shits and giggles, figuring the only hits would be DT’s device since it’s quite an unlikely name for a company. I mean, I’m no marketeer, but it doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.

Turns out there are several companies, and even a band called that. But amusingly, the first hits are DT and DT videos. Talk about cybersquatting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amal, can you say how many flexNExTs you’ve shipped so far? I count 5 completed implant jobs and 2 pending on the forum (could be wrong). That don’t seem like much. I’m curious what percentage of implantees don’t patronize the forum or haven’t come out of the shadows.

Asking since it’s now been released 3 months to the day.