The flexNExT is now in limited release!

unsurprisingly, they are all the same.

1 Like

Hey! I am equally not surprised by that.

1 Like

Unless I’m much mistaken, white LEDs only appear white to the human eye, but aren’t true white light - i.e. a combination of all the colors in the spectrum. I remember reading somewhere that the rare few people who are tetrachromats don’t see them white at all, much to their chagrin, since those things are fast replacing incandescent bulbs everywhere.

correct

yeah … oddly the white does not charge the glow powder for shit. this has more to do with how LEDs emit light in distinct wavelengths and the combination emitted to create a “white” LED does not have enough energy to charge the powder.

What’s funny is that, if I were to go with white I’d rather have it on its own.

But if I choose glow resin; which do you think would charge it better? Light blue or deep blue?

ok i just did a test with all the colors i have and dark blue, purple (which I’m out of), and white (surprise!) do charge the glow resin.

The thing with white just illustrates how difficult it can be getting stuff from China where there is no guarantee the product will remain consistent from each individual unit to the next… I tested some white NFC nails from vendor A and they did not charge the glow resin at all… but then I just tested another basically identical looking white NFC nail from vendor B and it did work… so then to compare I tried another white LED nail from vendor A and it also worked… so like… they obviously mix and matched their white LEDs making these things… so I will have to test each LED before using it with glow powder. ugh.

2 Likes

Looks like dark blue with glow resin will be ideal for me :bangbang::zap:

Now I just gotta continue to save up for this!

1 Like

yeah yeah ok i fixed it…

2 Likes

Add shit to fire i liked the “service units” plain and simple. Alot of the companies do it that we work with in some degree its the same as billing hours you know 1 hr (service unit) is x so your paying n times x.

2 Likes

Just a thought, wonder if you could get the led in a UV flavor, that would charge the glow powder like nobodies business

UV damages skin cells (except far UV-C)

Not sure if it would have the power,

I’m talking about the like “security” flashlights used to check ids

Essentially a black light led, idk if that’s actually the “bad” uv

Possible.yes but voltage requirements of UV LEDs is very high… 6v-7v DC typically… not likely to pull that from an NFC antenna coil with sufficient current to do anything, and definitely not from an energy harvesting IC like the ntag i2c

1 Like

Something that just hit me;

I ALWAYS wear long sleeve. So the FlexNExT on the back of my wrist will always be covered, except for when I pull up my sleeve slightly to use it.

If I have a FlexNExT with glow resin, there won’t be any light hitting it to charge it.

I’d say that’s a good thing.

Roll up sleeve a bit, use FlexNExT, deep blue lights… once those lights go off, if I’m in a shaded area, there’s a faint green hue left behind for a bit.

That sounds like an awesome touch. I was wondering if I wanted my wrist to always be glowing faint green, but then I realized it wouldn’t because of the lack of light charging the resin.

In other words; light will never hit my wrist to charge the glow resin. It’ll only be charged by the blue LED lights. It’ll be real spooky lookin’ :cyclone:

That is my “business” model

It is really BAD

Oh My Flying Spaghetti Monster!!! image

I both hate you AND love you for that!!!

My mind is racing…

you’ll actually never need to pull up your sleeve… not unless you wanted to… that’s kind of the point of such a huge device :slight_smile:

racer

I figured :smiley: Will definitely be fun to pick between whether I want anybody seeing the lights or not, simply by choosing to roll up my sleeve slightly or not. The greatest feeling is having full control over how you use your implant :clap:

1 Like

His Noodliness has that effect on the people here :slight_smile:

Yeah, you have no idea how much I love that. No precise positioning or dicking around, even with several layers of clothes on.

I had fun messing with my coworkers’ brains the first few days when nobody knew I had that implant yet, and nobody knew what the stitches were for: I would walk to the break area with my sleeves rolled up and my cellphone in my hand, unlocked and muted, get a coffee from the machine, then put the cellphone face down on one of the stand-up bistro tables and lean on it with my wrist over the cellphone casual-like

Of course, my arm would start blinking. But I’d just carry on the discussion as if nothing was happening. It was immensely fun to watch their reaction: they kept on talking, but I could see their eyes fixing my arm, and their voices was slowly fading and the sentences were not getting finished. Eventually, one of them would politely point out that something mighty strange might be happening :slight_smile:

After a couple of days, everybody knew. But it was fun while it lasted.

3 Likes