Tipping the installer?

I plan on getting the xLED installed soon at a body piercing place for $80.

Am I expected to tip the person who installs it?

2 Likes

I always tip my body modification artist (tattoo artist and piercer). It’s generally acceptable to tip around 20% if they did a good job. More or less depending on your satisfaction.

1 Like

Me too. Especially if you’re ever going to go back. It’s important to build trust with the person if you plan on asking them to do a flex install down the line. Those can get a bit hairy.

1 Like

What does tipping have to do with building trust with your body piercer.

2 Likes

In my view, tipping for something like a body piercing that has seemingly random cost shows that you’re flexible. It’s a service rather than a product. If you later want to do a flex install with that person, there’s a lot of unknowns for them. They want to be sure that if it’s a difficult install and they need to revise the price quote you’re not going to get upset and storm out. It’s a matter of showing respect for the work they do, and realizing this is a wibbly wobbly business.

It’s a cultural thing: i.e. folks in the US seem tp like their tipping in many situations, while to me -raised in Italy- tipping/being tipped feels weird, because in my country tipping is something grandmas do with kids and creepy men do with waitresses to show off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nobody else has mentioned it yet, but the original xLED is NOT designed to be implanted. It is designed to be used as a troubleshooting tool to see how an x-series implant will perform with different readers. I hope you’re referring to the new xLED that is made with implant grade materials.

1 Like

I did a terrible dumb thing… just awful… I released an implantable product called the xLED and changed the non-implantable stuff to just X Field Detector. I know it’s really stupid to do that… but I am trying to correct the first dumb mistake of releasing a non-implantable device with an x-series name.

5 Likes

Mate, I wouldn’t beat yourself up about it.

It has always been made VERY clear on your site that the originals were not for implanting.

Also now all your implants follow your naming convention.

Makes sense to me…:+1:

5 Likes