Titan install sharing thread

Do you feel like its getting closer to the surface?

I have no idea honestly

So I have an idea, but not sure if it is a good one.

Get a reasonably strong magnet, and present it to the opposite side of your finger “regularly” for “periods of time”
to pull the magnet inward.

HOPEFULLY over time it will help it to settle just a little deeper…
Again :man_shrugging:t3:
If it were me, that’s what I would try

1 Like

Damn if only I had a strong enough magnet that’s not like this:

or so strong that I’d straight up die in place (jk but honestly how dangerous are those big like a fist magnets to titan finger?)

I’ll probably tape it tight (but not too tight), do you really think I’ll permanently settle it deeper? Won’t this be just a temporary effect?

Idk if squishing your tissues between a magnet and a bone is ideal…
then again, I’m no medical professional :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wasn’t meaning anything THAT large, but yeah, you have to treat them with respect.

Sorry, I really didn’t explain myself very well, it was a rushed message.

I was thinking, more along the lines of Vicarious manipulating his Xenomorph, using a magnet :magnet: to pull the TiTan into a cavity if there is one, or at least to somewhere there is a little more space, to allow your skin to “Titan” (see what I did there)
Then

Every time it moves, bring out the magnet and drag it back.
Do this enough times and hopefully where you want it to be, will be more attractive :magnet: :wink: for your TiTan to stay :man_shrugging:t3:

Haha, No I agree.
As above

1 Like

Yeah, of course, I’ve just realised that I have one in the basement and I wouldn’t want to be surprised one day as I grab it and it just flips my titan or sth and then it just gets stuck to it.

I had it taped tighter and it seems to work, we’ll see if it lasts tho

1 Like

Ok, so I am getting suspicious that it gets closer to the surface…
Skin looks a bit thinner and it’s more sensitive on top of the titan.

Yup it doesn’t look nice

2 Likes

Paging @greydoc if he is around?

I am not a doctor. To me it looks like it is rejecting/infected though.

Is it warm to the touch?

Not at all

Hmmm, I wouldn’t say it looks infected, the darker red / blue would be more indicative of a haematoma or an encapsulation process around the implant.

If there’s no pain or warmth then I would just monitor, draw around the site with a marker just to be sure.

If you develop either of the above symptoms or the wound reopens / starts to spread then I would seek advice from a GP / Family Doctor.

4 Likes

Seria recomendable extraer un volumen de carne equivalente a la masa del iman antes de implantarlo?

Some people are considering it, yes.Idk if my installer would be up for that tho’, I imagine it’s very dangerous.

2 Likes

Agree with @greydoc: Doesn’t look infected to me.
(although I’m not a physical health professional. just been around implants/bodymod for too long)

It’s hard to say anything concrete without looking in person, but my gut feeling is that either you got some blood pooling there (hematoma), or you might have bumped it and the titan flipped sideways.
That could explain the colour, lack of warmth and the impression that the skin is thinner.

IF that’s the case it might flip back by itself. I wouldn’t worry much, but would monitor it.

Regardless, This is the best advice I can think of as well:

1 Like

no mucho recomendable.

algunas personas lo hacen, pero necesitas un buen instalador. Muy buen!

El Titan es grande, si, pero la piel es más elástica que el Titan es grande. :wink:
probablemente no tendrás que preocuparte mucho de que el Titan se encaje.

Not a doctor but mine looked like that at some point too.
It’s probably all the blood flow to the wound and well it’s a finger. I normally take a million pics of these every day just to remind myself of all the weird looking stages it goes through.
Some are not very good pics, but hopefully you can see the weird reddish thin skin there.

2 Likes

Update:

I kept it wrapped a bit tighter it seems like it’s poking out a bit less.

2 Likes

Yup. looks better!

Hey, I’ve had a parylene coated one for 2-3 years now and it’s always been exactly as visible as yours so don’t worry it’s deep enough but also it will probably stay this way, (you get used to it :wink:). I have another one that’s deeper and has never been visible so it depends on how deep you implant it in the first place.
Good news for you, my visible one is definitely more sensitive to higher frequencies.
Also i’ve tried to pull it in with a magnet and to tape it but it never worked any better than yours on the last pic

2 Likes