Titan install sharing thread

See, I like gardening and stuff. About digging holes, that’s a real question for me.

2 Likes

I’m looking at this a different way… “Sorry honey, I can’t do the dishes, because of my implant”

1 Like

Yes, I actualy did so about a week in with no issues.

Best thread of the year?

1 Like

But yours wasn’t in L0- or R0-, correct? That or the blade of the hand are the only positions I am considering.

Oh no, mine is finger tip, just thought I’d chime in for others that come across and are looking at any location

1 Like

OK titan is back in.

I chose to go with my ring finger on my left hand again, but I went to the opposite side of my finger tip. I went in with no numbing or freezing, just a small elastic band around my finger to reduce blood flow.

I had thought about putting it in a different place, but everything I’ve ever wanted in biotech has been a magnet in my finger tip so I decided that I was going to do it, common sense in my brain be damned.

Hurt like a son of a gun, but this time I made sure it was Hella deep and sealed it with a kiss… of krazyglue.

What a beautiful shade of blue my finger turned after a few minutes…

Once I sealed it up bandaged it up and cleaned up my mess, I cut off the elastic and man oh man the pain! Oh really I hope this time sticks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

scared

5 Likes

Is that face for the picture or the descriptive?

4 Likes

Couple of days in.

Cleaned and swapped bandage. Still tight.

2 Likes

@LordSethos2000 inspired me to post an update on my Titan.

I can barely lift a beercap, it healed nicely.

Sadly my camera has gotten way More of the black spots… :confused:

The placement in the middle oft the pad was just not the best…

Sensing also improved a little :slight_smile:

Still not es good then the finger xg3 and worlds away from the knife edge xg3 v2 but its getting better :wink:

1 Like

So I installed my Titan today. I went to Pineapple in Austin. I had Purewrist debit card too, and it cost me $500 for both (accepts only cash). It took about half an hour for both of them. I got 3 stitches for Titan and 2 for Purewrist.

I put Titan in my ring finger of left hand and Purewrist in the back of right hand. At the moment, about 8 hours after operation, the Purewrist has no pain, but Titan is very painful, I can’t stretch my finger.

4 Likes

Did he use our needle for the purewrist install?

No, he used scalpel.

1 Like

Sighhhh. It seems my first install did not take, and the magnet is making its way out of my skin and is about to breach. Took just over a week.

Now I have to yoink it out and try again.

What is a good antiseptic to use for cleaning the Titan after i remove it? Is IPA good enough or would more chlorhexidine gluconate be recommended?

Same question for treating the open cavity. Is there a post-removal aftercare guide?

Edit: Also, is there an install guide? We used a kinda old video, but they all use smaller magnets which the Titan is not.

Clean it first then either 5% clorahex or 70% isopropyl alchol both should be left in the solution for multiple days just to be sure.

Do not autoclave.

1 Like

There is no install guide because its not recommended to do self installs.

The best (safest) option is to search a trained installer who knows what they do.

I dont think anyone is up for creating a guide because there are just to many risks involved and a guide will probably make more untrained people try it them self with not so high chances of succeeding.

I made a small incicion and then used a metal cone to separate the skin layers & created a pocket.

The second try was successful - but I propably would not do it again…

If you have a installer available I highly recommend giving them a call.

*None of this is medical advise, I’m just a random creep from the internet"

1 Like

We used a kinda old video

If it’s the one from Thought Emporium it’s fine. Everything still applies except for the numbers but you can calculate / guess them. I mean, it’s a bit bigger, so make the cut a bit wider and make the pocket a bit deeper.

My installer also went a little sideways from the incision to get more room to heal up without getting in the pad.

You’ll also find a lot info here: Procedures — Biohack.me

2 Likes

yep… but… you probably won’t be able to find chlorhex suitable to use for this purpose yourself… you need to be a lab or med office to get unsullied chlorhex, which is 70% isopropyl + 4% chlorhex + 26% water. Basically, don’t use a chlorhex based soap… don’t use chlorhex solution for animals as this is denatured with a skin dye for marking treated skin and this dye will stick to lots of things and its not great when going under the skin.

If you cannot find anything suitable, simply soaking 70% isopropyl alcohol for 24 - 48 hours should do the trick. It won’t kill certain rare nasty viruses and spores, but they are rare. Even chlorhex won’t kill 100% of everything… but… again… the things that can survive these solutions are rare.