Titan install sharing thread

The only exception to that is necrosis where the skin just dies for lack of blood flow and basically becomes a hole… but that’s also unlikely.

Just don’t mess with it and make sure your bandaging isn’t insanely tight or putting a lot of undue pressure on the installation site and you should be fine.

Would immobilizing the finger make sense, if the Titan were to be jnstalled in laterally on the distal phalanx, where the skin stretches a lot during normal movements?

I think it was @vampire_blue , but I’m not totally sure either…

I think that’s the worst case scenario, with necrosis (like Amal said). But that really shouldn’t happen unless something goes very seriously wrong…
I’m gonna do some research on silicone implants and if they ever might be rejected (if installed properly)… my artist didn’t mention it, so I guess it’s super rare…

2 Likes

Correct:

1 Like

It doesn’t sound like anything terrible is going on, if the incision has healed and the implant is fully covered with skin then it shouldn’t be a problem.

Look out for warmth, redness, pain etc. As people have mentioned, try to not fiddle with it and let it heal.

Should be fine.

1 Like

that was infact me

1 Like

Btw how long do you think I should keep it steri-striped? A week seems pretty excessive to me, or am I mistaken?

Depends on how fast you heal… my flexie incision wasn’t even closed after 14 days, so I personally wouldn’t risk taking the steristrips away yet. But others have had a much faster healing here… Maybe change them, like, take them off, take a look at how the incision looks like, and then decide if you want to put new strips on for some more days. Or just put strips on overnight or if you’re working with your hands, and keep it “open” if you have some calm time :wink:

1 Like

I think I might be officially DT biggest idiot xD
I took off steristrip, incision looks well, although it got curvy (it was cut straight), but I don’t really care about that.
So I was worried about the dark color, that it’s because it’s too shallow etc. But just know, I’ve remembered… I used marker to point the location… and it left darker spot that was pretty much unwashable XDDDDD I am so unbelievably stupid when I am stressed, it’s insane :rofl:

5 Likes

Well, at least in the future, I will likely remember your name. I hope all has healed up well for you.

Forgot to post photos, so there is my finger 1 week after installation.
I couldn’t really catch focus on normal lense and macro seems to really bumb up the colors (contrast), so have it in mind.

Pichu! :smile:

Ah, the finger… yep, looks pretty good so far! I’m always surprised when incisions are so wonderfully closed after such a short time :wink:
And, hard to tell by the picture, does the Titan sit directly beneath the incision? If so, is there any trouble because of that?

1 Like

It’s not directly beneath, it’s more… towards the pad? So yeah no problems with that.

A little update:
-it got a bit darker, but maybe because I switched to using only liquid skin and I am using the finger a bit more?

Shouldn’t it get less visible by now?

Idk, but it probably will take some more time.

Do you feel like its getting closer to the surface?

I have no idea honestly

So I have an idea, but not sure if it is a good one.

Get a reasonably strong magnet, and present it to the opposite side of your finger “regularly” for “periods of time”
to pull the magnet inward.

HOPEFULLY over time it will help it to settle just a little deeper…
Again :man_shrugging:t3:
If it were me, that’s what I would try

1 Like

Damn if only I had a strong enough magnet that’s not like this:

or so strong that I’d straight up die in place (jk but honestly how dangerous are those big like a fist magnets to titan finger?)

I’ll probably tape it tight (but not too tight), do you really think I’ll permanently settle it deeper? Won’t this be just a temporary effect?