Tragus Implants and You (but also me)

Yeah I thought that’s what you said before but I wasn’t sure I understood correctly.

Your ears are probably best. The perceived volume will scale logarithmically because that’s how ears work. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what the meter says because you’re trying to create a subjective user experience

I’d like to get a little advice from you folks, being the tragus experts & all. I have a G3 v2 and a Titan still in their boxes, and am interested in throwing a magnet up in there. I don’t care about the wireless audio/music aspect, rather I’m more interested in the “hearing” fields aspect.

Would I be better off putting the Titan in there and put the G3 in my hand somewhere, or reverse that, or get & stick a g3 v1 in there and put the other two in my hands? Or is it not worth it at all? Some posts make it sound like it would be a shame to not put the Titan in a finger. And with the G3 being a v2, it may not work near as well in the tragus in the first place.

Also, is there an ideal angle and/or depth for going into the tragus?

Get a small magnet and rest it in your ear canal, then try and listen to some of the fields you’re interested in

That would be a good initial test, but assuming it goes well I’m looking at long-term/permanent placement.

So far, i didnt “hear” a single magnetic field. Other reportedly can, so your milage may vary. The whole tragus magnet thingy - in my opinion - wont be worth it for quite a while. I would recommend to put you magnets in your hands where they may actually be useful.

2 Likes

1 Like

@Firespei I have a Bluetooth speaker model EWA 103 the speaker is rated as 3watts and 4 ohms now tell me the length and diameter of wire which would be best suited for this module
I will case this module inside resin with a little copper plate on IC for dessipating heat outside the resin

Depends on how large you want the coil. What diameter would you like?

As @Satur9 said, the length depends on the tickness of the wire. With my 0,3mm enameled copper wire, you need 16,535m of wire. This calculator is your best friend.

What thickness are we talking about? On Ebay, there are some 0,1mm MuMetal-Tapes. That seems awfully thin.

My kind of informed guess would be ~0,5mm?

You can just put multiple layers if the available tapes are too thin

@Firespei More turns less diameter or less turns with more diameter?
I mean should i choose a thin wire with more turns or a thick wire with less turns ?
@Satur9 diameter of the coil would be 67 mm

Then you would need 90 turns of 0.32mm diameter (28AWG) wire

I’m not the most knowlegeable on the subject of magnetism, but I’m not the less either. Magnetic fields decrease fast with range, so what about thinking smaller ? Like way smaller. My idea would be to create an earring coil. The coil would be on the forward side of the lobe and made of 28-30awg wire, and the rod going through the lobe would be made of a high permitivity alloy. The terminals of the coil would go through the lobe too where lies a small connector to quickly connect/diconnect from the amplifyer and battery that you could keep in your pocket.

So a long but thin wire would thread up under your shirt from your pocket, where the actual amplifier would be, and connect to this earring coil?

Basically. Kinda like a wired earphone, but with far less insulation (using enameled copper wire, maybe joined together with a bit of glue or something) but because it comes out on the back of the ear it is far more discreet. Especially if you have long hair like me.

1 Like