Tricky little bugger, the flexM1

So I’ve had the flexM1 in my hand for 2 days now, and trying it here and there with different cellphones, tabletop readers and locks to see how it behaves.

Turns out, with some readers, it’s no better than a glass implant, while I get a significant range increase and almost no problems finding the sweet spot with others, regardless of orientation. Very inconsistent results. It’s kind of a crapshoot: I’d say it yields glass implant-like performances with 1/3rd of the readers I’ve tried. I suppose this has something to do with the unusual aspect ratio of its coil.

Anybody else noticed it?

I know you had a smooth install, but still, I wouldn’t judge the performance yet…
Kinda disappointing tho, I wish they’d just have awesome range from day 1!

Btw gen1 or 2?

Honestly, my hand is dry as a bone. There is zero swelling. I can see the outlines of the implant below my skin.

Anyway, the performances were kind of meh when it was still in the baggie. So no surprise.

Although, to be fair I should rephrase that: with the right readers, it actually works pretty good. So it’s not crap by any means. And fortunately for me, the readers that I need it to work with are winners. So all in all I’m pretty satisfied. But I’d feel a bit frustrated if they weren’t.

And to be fair also, when it works poorly, it doesn’t work any worse than a glass implant. So it’s not a downgrade. It’s just that it’s a lot of skin torture for not much result when it happens.

As for the chip, it’s a gen1a of course :slight_smile: Gen2 is a invitation for bricking. I’m not touching it with a ten-foot pole.

1 Like