Trouble with first implant

I must say, while the coupling is certainly more stable with my ProxLF once I find the right spot, I most certainly don’t get anywhere near that range neither. That was the one disappointing thing with that device when I first tried it.

I use the ProxLF antenna because the results are 100% repeatable once the chip reads properly. But aside from that, it’s really no better than the stock antenna.

Is it supposed to couple from that far away? Cuz if it is, I’m starting to wonder if something might be goofed up with it or with my PM3…

You tell me. I certainly can’t get 2-3cm from stock antenna like I did in this video.

That’s lighting up a LED. I can do that with any reader from a quarter mile away.
I’m talking coupling well enough to elicit a proper read of the chip.

I can read my NExT without making contact. If I place the implant at the end of the black PCB at the end of the antenna, I can get a solid read/write. With stock, I have to press the implant up against the antenna board.

I just checked with calipers. I can get a solid coupling from 3mm away from the antenna. Stock antenna requires skin-on-antenna contact.

Oh ok, so not much different from my own rig’s performances then. Definitely not readable from half an inch away.

However, my stock antenna didn’t require skin contact to read. Close, yes, but not worse than the ProxLF.

Thanks for checking :slight_smile:

I find noticably better range, but more importantly is there’s no hunting/search for the chip trying to get a good read. I lay my hand next to the proxLF, and it reads the tag first time every time. No more “lf search…shit. lf search… shit. lf search…there it is. Carefully, carefully, lf awid clone… shit it moved.”

Yes, that’s the key for me too.

Same sort of performance i get with my custom one, don’t technically need to touch it, but the advantage is definitely one of having a bigger acceptable ‘sweet spot’ to get rid of the implant hunting

We’re checking into this… I’ve shipped a suspect proxlf and rdv4 back to @TomHarkness for evaluation.

I ran
script run init_rdv4.lua

Was that all I needed to do, because I still get lf t55xx config coming up

That’s all I needed to do. Run that then reboot the unit.

The first block of commands are ran by init_rdv4.lua. I suppose you can try to run them manually.

1 Like

yep this was the issue for me too… damn… didn’t RTFM.

So is there something I need to try different. I was able to get it to program, but not unless it is not in my hand. I am getting the feeling there is something wrong with my device. Surely it should perform better than this as the stock antenna should perform worse and any worse than this would be impossible.

it may be that your implant is now a bit wonky config… did you attempt to write to it with the proxmark3 rdv4 and proxLF antenna before the timings were configured correctly? If so you might have to write again to it.

Also when configured for HID ProxCard II I have noticed that the RF performance of the T5577 goes down a bit, which might have to do with the analog configuration required for that mode not jiving well with the power requirements of the chip… but that’s just a guess.

Might also be that FSK is more energy intensive than ASK

Indeed: that’s what the missy always says when I’m randy: “First ASK if you want a FSK, else you’re wasting your energy!”

:drum:

Thing is, I get nothing from the RDV4 ProxLF but it reads no problem with the reader I purchased from you.

So I put a new one in my hand that I pre-programmed before injection. I did this.

lf hid clone 2006860895

It reads with the reader I purchased from dangerous things as
04ce94320a5480

but it does not show up with the HID omnikey reader I own or with the proxmark RDV4.

However, it does beep on the door reader, but did not open it.

Is this not programmed?
I can’t tell if that format is HID or still stock format. I did not think it would beep if it was not programmed with HID format?

Ok we don’t sell any readers that read hid prox. Also the clone process has no verification… it attempts to write but does no checking what so ever. It probably didn’t get changed at all.

So you can’t read at all with the prox? Can you do a hw tune command and post the output? Do it in free space so nothing is near the antennas when you do it.

I just did my other hand, I’m right handed and did it in my right hand so I think I screwed up. I couldn’t get it in any deeper by myself and ejected it. It’s in but I had to push it in with the needle more to keep it from popping out. Has anyone had theirs pop out?