Usage and Position of first 2 Devices

OMG! They are here! I’m so excited!
Time to get some hands on learning with the tools!

5 Likes

I’m looking at the instructions and videos now that I have my Proxmark all set up. I’ve been able to positively identify my card as an HID with a valid FC and CN and it’s reporting all the raw data.
In the video, the presenter clones card IDs to the LF side of the NExT chip by putting the chip right on the Proxmark device. Am I correct in assuming that I will not be able to program my new toys until they are out of the syringes (and in my body)?

That’s correct. And you need to wait about two weeks before you can successfully read and write to them as well.

However I have noticed with stronger devices like a flipper I could read and write to my implants before I installed them through the sterile packaging. Couldn’t do it with the proxmark though

2 Likes

I programmed and just successfully used one of the 5577 cards that came with the Proxmark instead of my ID badge at work. This makes me so excited to get my install done. I hope I can get it done this week! Ahhhhhh!

1 Like

Search this forum for examples of employers looking badly on this practice, just so you understand the potential issues. More than one person has been fired for doing this workout coordinating with their employer.

2 Likes

This one comes to mind right away.

2 Likes

Yes, I have been keeping up on those threads and reviewing my company policies around badges. I intend to protect myself as best as I can and make sure the right people are in the know.

I really appreciate the reminders!

I’m somewhat fortunate that I work in a company where global security is pretty un-involved in day-to-day operations, and I’m also an engineer who is allowed to “tinker” with new technologies. I work in an industry that supports RFID and NFC devices as well, so my manager’s approval of this “testing and security measure” will go a long way toward protecting me from any potential fallout from global security.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

:hamster_emoji_gif:

Your Gif is burning a hole in my gallery…

When are you getting stabby stabbed?
:syringe:

3 Likes

ahHHHH!
Thank you!
My friend who is a nurse practitioner who has agreed to do my install for me has been travelling and also having a really hard time both at work and at home lately. They said they needed a little time to recover and be social before doing my install. So it may be another couple weeks.
I’m so anxious and excited, but I also want to respect my friend’s needs. I want them to be in a good headspace when stabbing me.

5 Likes

:fire_extinguisher: :fire: :framed_picture:

2 Likes

It is done!
I can even read them through the bandages a little!
I’m so excited!
Happy cyborg noises

9 Likes

One of us, one of us

3 Likes

aliens
images (2) (2)

2 Likes

Squeeeeee!
Thank you!

1 Like

So, this is perfect! I’m using my NExT’s UID with a “,m” at the beginning of the string as my domain password now. It meets the requirements of upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters. I’ve plans to build one of the Adafruit/Leonardo devices to accommodate the whole password at some point, but this is a fantastic work-around for now!
I’m so happy!

3 Likes

Note… read and write range is going to be great for about 2 days. then it is going to plummet and you are going to think you broke it from playing with it so much. Dont fret. its just swelling. Give it some time (2-3 weeks) and it will return to great range.

Also if you are worried about the little buggers migrating a bit, you can tape a popsicle stick to the side of them to hold them in place. if you have access to a 3d printer myself and some other members have started making little tools to assist in maintaining proper locations.

2mm Implant Helper Slim larger.stl (53.9 KB)

4 Likes

I appreciate this. I definitely would have freaked. The reads on my NExT are great right now, but the xSIID is already tricky to get in just the right spot to read and write to.

My Xsiid is tricky as well when reading from my phone. youll get used to it. Phone cases are my biggest issue with reads. ive gone through great lengths to resolve it as i really like my phone case.

2 Likes

Are you the user who I saw put an extra antenna in your phone case? If so, can you tell me about that?
To what lengths hast thou gone? Extending the range of my phones NFC sounds dreamy.

Edit: I actually see the link to your store in your profile. The NFC Amplifier sounds very interesting!

A few of us have done it, in just trying to make it easier.

So far I’ve learned PCB design just to increase the range of my NFC antenna in the phone case… All because I like my case and my implants…

1 Like