Using implant with factory keyless open and start

@turbo2ltr your hardware work is always so clean and tidy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah, it took me twice as long to put that simple board together than it took for me to write and debug the code.

2 Likes

hah I never said expedient… but quality takes time, and I appreciate quality.

5 Likes

That’s why we like you @amal. Quality

5 Likes

Got it installed.

6 Likes

Didn’t realize the edit option times out. Was going to add this to the top post.

1 Like

Just did it for you (bottom of your first post) let me know if you want it moved

Great, thanks!

What did you use for the ignition input? Was it a 12v signal through the access controller?

Awesome project btw

Not sure what you are asking. The 12V ignition signal was picked off the cigarette lighter I think. Really you can pick it from anywhere. Put it through a voltage divider and to the input pin on the Seeeduino.

1 Like

Ah sorry I wasn’t sure if there was some sort of ignition signal from the fob or if it was hard wired to the vehicle. Thanks!

1 Like

Ahh got you. No the ignition sense is hardwired to the vehicle.

A battery line powers the xAC and the Seeeduino.
The ignition like just goes (not directly) to a digital input put to sense when it’s on.
Both are hardwired to the car.

The fob has it’s own discrete connections between the Seeeduino and the fob

• Lock: two wires, one for each side of the lock switch
  • Unlock: two wires, one for each side of the lock switch
  • Power: 2 wires, 3.3v and ground

Probably easier if I just upload this, it’s pretty rough though. Ignore the upper drawing.

Camaro Access Control Module.pdf (696.6 KB)

1 Like

Hey looking to do something similar with an ND Miata. First problem I’ve found is trying to find information on the wiring of the vehicle. I’d like to grab power from the battery and then have some way to know if the car is on or not.

Where did you get that information from? Never done any custom work to a car before.

Factory service manual. Many of the aftermarket service manuals include wiring diagrams, but I find they are never better than the factory service manual. But the factory manual is usually stupid money. The one for the camaro is $450 and comes on a USB drive. For that money it should be printed and come with someone to turn the pages for me… Fortunately GM has a $20 limited time access option… and they let you download PDFs of specific pages so I downloaded everything I needed for $20.

How’d you figure out the key schematic? manual or trial and error/ you knew what you were looking for?

namely for power

Like the Key fob? I just followed the traces on the PCB.

Gotcha, Think I’m going to start a thread documenting my journey. Feels like I’m going to need the help lol

1 Like

Which transistors did you use and could you please please give me a breif description of why? new to small electronics.

Right so here is what a transistor does, in the image below Q1 Is the transistor:
npn-switch-led

NPN transistors are used when you have a positive activation I.e. when you drive the pin high (in this case by and arduino) to turn on.

3 Likes