Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up space :Robot:

Once again. I NEED this IRL.

4 Likes

There is a chance, there are MRE that can be coded by anyone and brought to the world. But it has to run on an external server and would be user or world based while a user is inside. They are buggy as hell as far as I see, the first part of the presentation actually says that to develop MRE is a path of endless frustration, because we don’t have all classes that Unity provides to VR games, and the few classes we get are half broken for AltSpaceVR.
So kiiiiinda… works and kinda not.

There is a way to pull up a browser inside the game, but this only for VR users and not for 2D users. Then again, I can put a QRCode in the world and let 2D users load it up and scan it with their VivoKey app per say and run the whole OAuth trough an external server to open an in-game door. Which you can probably just teleport by sticking your head trough the wall and teleporting behind it lol. So… kinda pointless.

Was thinking on some type of automatic mail singup or something, but so far I still don’t have a solid idea of how to use chip implants in this world. (Ideas welcome)

Can someone explsìn what kind of internet speed I eill need, and if it is possible on a 8 year old mabook air.

In Austria (in my village) internet sucks. They write 40 mbit. I never get over 10 mbit. :sweat_smile: my mobile Internet ist faster

I have only the 2D option. I think with this connection VR isn’t possible.

1 Like

You’re probably fine

I wonder if this could be a “bonus feature” as not everybody in this community has a VivoKey…:man_shrugging:

Awesome of you to include the less dimensionally inclined :+1:

So I made the split.
I was going to split it into

And still could.
Alternatively
We have
Equipment
and
VR space
that we could further split out…

Ha, that would be cool.

I did have this thought that if we all did meet IRL, maybe at DEFCON or something that is an actual conference space that either a UID could be shared or we could share our UIDs and they be enrolled to a door lock ahead of time.

Meaning that there would be a door somewhere in the event space that can only be opened by people with pre-configured implants - like a cyborg VIP…

1 Like

Problem is it’s defcon, the literal second word got out… it would be implantee hunting season

And everyone would be trying to talk, spoof, hack their way in

…honestly sounds like fun

Then you have the consideration, that since most hf uids aren’t changeable, some might not want to share them if they are tied to secure systems
(But it’s not really that secure then is it?)

Also you’d have to make some kind of lock to work with the whole spectrum of implants we have

My god that sounds awesome! Imagine “leaking” that there are conference attendees with a secret ID that gets them access to a VIP room but its stored on an implant…

Would be an interesting research study to test the effective security of implants, let loose an army of hackers and see if anyone gets cloned or spoofed!

1 Like

Would be pretty amazing, a test of tech and social engineering amongst the semi initiated

I worry someone might be a dick and cross lines with a rfidkiller,

2 Likes

Open offer assuming @RyuuzakiJulio is cool with it,

I wouldn’t mind doing a slow and steady (for motion sensitive peoples, walk around the world while screen recording, and share the video to this thread

I don’t have to show all the Easter eggs

Part of me doesn’t want to “spoil” the surprise, but I also want to temp people to check it out

Maybe you could screen record the 2d windows version also?

1 Like

I totally missed out on this thing.

Can somebody give a summary to me?

Have People created a DT VR Space?

Can i enter it with a Phone and a Google Cardbord?

Yes, people being amal and @RyuuzakiJulio.

No. Need either a PC headset of some kind, or an Oculus Quest. However, if you have a windows PC or a mac, you can use the 2D version, without actual VR.

1 Like

Can you provide me with links?

i have a Windows VM that i use for my Work.

I think i could try to get it runing there - or i try it with wine

Can’t use wine sadly, as it’s a Windows 10 UWP app, not an actual win32 exe. VM might work though if you have 3D acceleration working, not sure of the graphical requirements of the PC version.

The website:

Link to Microsoft Store:

2 Likes

Its beta and a bit buggy but somethin is somethin

umm i have no clue how to run mac software on my system :smiley:

but thx

I think im just gonna try it in my windows vm

Or bricked. :sob:

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Virtual Reality Equipment :dark_sunglasses:

I got a vive Pro, I tend to use steam vr and viewport I’ve downloaded altspacevr and am planning to have a look at setup / play tonight :slight_smile:

Username: DevilClarke

1 Like