Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up space :Robot:

Yeah, most of the add-on items are pink, reflections and other stuff wonā€™t be shown. Definitively a Beta, but if you manage to go downstairs to the podium, should be a not so bad experience for the presentation part.

I did go into a downstairs area (idk if thereā€™s more than one) but I donā€™t believe I could see anything down there either lmao. Will probably just attend on windows

At least you have a beta :frowning:

cries in Linux

Thankfully I have my Quest.

3 Likes

Yeah, haha is at the end of the downstairs hallway on the left side:

Show off lol the only linux I have is the 4 raspberries around the house, oh and a 2012 MacBook that couldnā€™t update anymore so jumped into Linux to give it some new life. Use it to control a CNC milling machine.

1 Like

I feel that. My only computer these days is a linux laptop soooooā€¦ yeahā€¦

A post was merged into an existing topic: Virtual Reality Equipment :dark_sunglasses:

I like it! :slight_smile: the lighting is very atmospheric. Maybe it could do with a light source or two more :slight_smile:

Are you in? Can you show me where?

Iā€™ve used it since I was 11, started with Ubuntu 12.04. Not saying that to try and sound impressive or anything, itā€™s just what Iā€™m used to at this point to be honest. I was kind of forced into it though, on that first install I accidentally wiped my Windows Vista partition, and I had lost the activation key :man_facepalming:

When I have to use Windows for anything (mainly for certain classes sadly) I constantly need to try and remember how to do things.

Iā€™ve technically got a Windows partition, mainly for VR gaming (screw Oculus for not providing any kind of Linux support), but I try and almost never boot into it. It feels like every time I try and use it, something needs fixing. Plus, even on an NVMe boot SSD, it still takes ages to start compared to my Arch install.

Ayy nice. Iā€™ve considered upgrading, but still torn. Iā€™ve heard mixed things regarding the tracking quality, supposedly they reduced the LED count on the Quest 2 controllers. The OLED screen on the Quest 1 is nice, too. The graphics are supposed to be much better though on the Quest 2 though, and the tradeoff for no OLED is the higher refresh rate.

If you end up getting it, definitely let me know your thoughts. Would like to know if I should sell off my Quest 1 haha.

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Virtual Reality Equipment :dark_sunglasses:

alright, you caught me. I do technically have a win10 partition and can dual-boot into it, specifically for Illustrator, but I havenā€™t bothered booting it in close to a year soā€¦ Iā€™m kinda scared what itā€™ll look like when I do. << you have 3585 critical updates pending >> oh wait, itā€™s windowsā€¦ after a year << you have one update pending >> :trollface:

I havenā€™t paid much attention to the VR space so I donā€™t know what Iā€™m missing out on :stuck_out_tongue: canā€™t feel FOMO if you ignore the topic entirely :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh god, I had forgotten about the updatesā€¦

Every time I open it, I finally get going again, then itā€™s time to restart for an update. I restart, it then decides to install a few more updates. Another reboot needed. Restart again. More updates.

Itā€™s so painful.

1 Like

Hey @Pilgrimsmaster, itā€™s probably a bit late, and a lot of work now

But should we start a VR chat and spin that off from this thread to keep this more on the topic of the actual meetings?

Yeah, I considered that also, it is however, still a meet up, just virtual rather that physical. So I have just left it.

When Iā€™m at a computer, Iā€™ll have a look and find a natural split point.
Then Iā€™ll look at making a ā€œsisterā€ thread Physical and Virtual meet up.

In reality due to Covid a physical meetup is probaly a long time away in the future.

EDIT
I just re-read you post

YES
I Will

Oops, I didnā€™t post my edit.
But yeah.

I got your :+1:

1 Like

I meant a ā€œchat about VRā€, not a thread about a ā€œChat in VRā€

The discussion about quest 1v2

Oled vs lcd

Refresh rate

Pcvr vs native

Wired vs wireless,

That chat

1 Like

@RyuuzakiJulio Just joined Altspace, username is TruthOrJester

1 Like

You are on the list now.

That sounds mighty ominousā€¦
QueasyInsecureCicada-max-1mb

1vxr5d

3 Likes

How about, ā€œdigital simulation environment access has been granted to your alternative space identification data block values (ļ½”ā—• ā€æ ā—•ļ½”)ā€?

3 Likes

All we need now is to be able to link a reader to AltSpace and then put a digital lock on a door that can only be unlocked with a impant!

3 Likes