Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up space :Robot:

Yeah, haha is at the end of the downstairs hallway on the left side:

Show off lol the only linux I have is the 4 raspberries around the house, oh and a 2012 MacBook that couldn’t update anymore so jumped into Linux to give it some new life. Use it to control a CNC milling machine.

1 Like

I feel that. My only computer these days is a linux laptop sooooo… yeah…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Virtual Reality Equipment :dark_sunglasses:

I like it! :slight_smile: the lighting is very atmospheric. Maybe it could do with a light source or two more :slight_smile:

Are you in? Can you show me where?

I’ve used it since I was 11, started with Ubuntu 12.04. Not saying that to try and sound impressive or anything, it’s just what I’m used to at this point to be honest. I was kind of forced into it though, on that first install I accidentally wiped my Windows Vista partition, and I had lost the activation key :man_facepalming:

When I have to use Windows for anything (mainly for certain classes sadly) I constantly need to try and remember how to do things.

I’ve technically got a Windows partition, mainly for VR gaming (screw Oculus for not providing any kind of Linux support), but I try and almost never boot into it. It feels like every time I try and use it, something needs fixing. Plus, even on an NVMe boot SSD, it still takes ages to start compared to my Arch install.

Ayy nice. I’ve considered upgrading, but still torn. I’ve heard mixed things regarding the tracking quality, supposedly they reduced the LED count on the Quest 2 controllers. The OLED screen on the Quest 1 is nice, too. The graphics are supposed to be much better though on the Quest 2 though, and the tradeoff for no OLED is the higher refresh rate.

If you end up getting it, definitely let me know your thoughts. Would like to know if I should sell off my Quest 1 haha.

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Virtual Reality Equipment :dark_sunglasses:

alright, you caught me. I do technically have a win10 partition and can dual-boot into it, specifically for Illustrator, but I haven’t bothered booting it in close to a year so… I’m kinda scared what it’ll look like when I do. << you have 3585 critical updates pending >> oh wait, it’s windows… after a year << you have one update pending >> :trollface:

I haven’t paid much attention to the VR space so I don’t know what I’m missing out on :stuck_out_tongue: can’t feel FOMO if you ignore the topic entirely :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh god, I had forgotten about the updates…

Every time I open it, I finally get going again, then it’s time to restart for an update. I restart, it then decides to install a few more updates. Another reboot needed. Restart again. More updates.

It’s so painful.

1 Like

Hey @Pilgrimsmaster, it’s probably a bit late, and a lot of work now

But should we start a VR chat and spin that off from this thread to keep this more on the topic of the actual meetings?

Yeah, I considered that also, it is however, still a meet up, just virtual rather that physical. So I have just left it.

When I’m at a computer, I’ll have a look and find a natural split point.
Then I’ll look at making a “sister” thread Physical and Virtual meet up.

In reality due to Covid a physical meetup is probaly a long time away in the future.

EDIT
I just re-read you post

YES
I Will

Oops, I didn’t post my edit.
But yeah.

I got your :+1:

1 Like

I meant a “chat about VR”, not a thread about a “Chat in VR”

The discussion about quest 1v2

Oled vs lcd

Refresh rate

Pcvr vs native

Wired vs wireless,

That chat

1 Like

@RyuuzakiJulio Just joined Altspace, username is TruthOrJester

1 Like

You are on the list now.

That sounds mighty ominous…
QueasyInsecureCicada-max-1mb

1vxr5d

3 Likes

How about, “digital simulation environment access has been granted to your alternative space identification data block values (。◕ ‿ ◕。)”?

3 Likes

All we need now is to be able to link a reader to AltSpace and then put a digital lock on a door that can only be unlocked with a impant!

3 Likes

I checked out the world last night, good job

I might suggest turning on fly, but I would say that regardless… fly feature is just fun

1 Like

There are reasons to explore the rooftops, but you’ll have to do so through teleport :wink:

1 Like

Oh you sneaky, I forgot about teleport

1 Like