VivoKey Apex Applet Poll

Indeed… then we have dynamic memory use for apps like otp etc.

@amal could you please share what’s on the Apex roadmap? Thanks a lot!

There are a couple things on the road map I think I can share at this point.

First is we are switching to a fully open source implementation of Fido2 applet that is ctap2.1 compliant. More details coming soon.

Second we are working on a lot of utility stuff to make using and managing apex based products easier / better. What those things are exactly, I don’t think is a good idea to reveal at this point… but working to make all of the management aspects of each applet available in a mobile management app is paramount.

7 Likes

Any timeline for the Apex Manager iOS app?

Not really a timeline but it’s in the works.

Slight derailment, I am trying to write down rsa4096 bit keys in the apex with openkeychain and it’s failing. Is this a bug of the smartpgp applet? Anyone else having the same issues? I do have enough free space. rsa2048 and ECDSA, NIST P-521 works fine, but NIST P is not very well supported on some of my routers. Thanks

This needs more explanation but basically you need to initiate the applet to support 4096 rsa keys… which I believe wipes out your previous keys. @StarGate01 should know a bit more about it… and we’ll definitely be exploring this as part of the management app

1 Like

Yup, I red this under

but I do not think I have a way to do so via fidesmo interface(I was wrong, this should be from the apex manager interface, fidesmo is responsible only for delivery)
Honestly for now I am still setting it up so I do not care much if I have to nuke the applet and the keys inside
p.s. :heart_eyes: fido2 opensource applet
second edit, I would have to order ACR reader it seems or wait for [WIP] Use proxmark3 as standard PCSC smartcard reader by gm3197 ¡ Pull Request #2030 ¡ RfidResearchGroup/proxmark3 ¡ GitHub
to get merged.
So it seems using https://github.com/github-af/SmartPGP/blob/master/bin/smartpgp-cli#L33-L41
I should be able to

'switch-rsa4096':  CardConnectionContext.cmd_switch_rsa4096,

Re: 4K RSA keys.

See https://github.com/DangerousThings/flexsecure-applets/blob/master/docs/applets/1-pgp.md#importing-keys , find the CLI tool in https://github.com/github-af/SmartPGP/tree/master/bin , the command you need is ./smartpgp-cli switch-rsa4096 to properly initialize the applet.

3 Likes

We will integrate this kind of stuff into the manager app … eventually.

2 Likes

No worries folks, as long as there is a possibility to reconf the applet, I am okay with that. I do not care if I have to do it with app, python script or something else. Maybe some not so technical users may object that this is missing from the app. Actually I red that enabling support of rsa 4k require applet reconf, but I did not recall where exactly in github it was. On top of that, I spent some time going in the cryptography rabbit whole researching even more RSA vs ECC. Lack of sleep and cryptography match like bread and butter. As an outcome I’ve did some recompiling, and bringing ecc support into the devices that did not initially supported it. ECC looks like very nice use case where memory for storing the keys is/may be limited. My appex is almost full by now :smiley:

1 Like

One more wish: An applett for emulating NTAG 424 DNA with JavaCards. Would make it usable as a boltcard for BTC.

1 Like

what exactly is it doing? if it’s using the AES auth feature then an applet would only be half of your problem - you would not have the keys necessary to properly register the applet with boltcard.

now… if anyone knew someone at boltcard and we could strike a deal of some kind, we could solve that problem.

U get the keys from an lnbits-instance.

2 Likes

Hmm worth a look…

Quick question. I am checking fidesmo app from time to time to see if any new applet shows up. I recently noticed that I cannot install the tesla applet. Did something went sideways with it ? Also I do not have a tesla so I am not suffering much from this :smiley:

What is your error message?

Ypu might be able to get the manual deploy info from Amal and try that way :man_shrugging:

The following info is what you’ll need from Amal

Yeah I think the delivery recipe got fucked up somehow. Will fix ASAP.

Just swinging by to say thanks for the spark applet :slight_smile:

3 Likes