VivoKey Apex Applet Poll

The tesla NAK applet already exists

2 Likes

Just found it! earlier in the thread

Apex mega here we come :cupid:

2 Likes

We’d love Bitwarden as a password manager since that’s what we use, but if we need KeePass then we’ll definitely looking into switching over.
Looking forward to 2FA options with OTP and U2F, WebAuthn, PIV, PGP. Basically all of it we can use. And we’d love a hardware crypto wallet in the future. I think Jamie asked about that a few days ago but I can’t remember.

1 Like

We are planning on offering a service based on bitwarden called VivoKey Vault. It was under development for a while and a proof of concept was produced but core system redesigns of the VivoKey platform took priority. We will return to it some day soon though.

The idea is to eventually begin offering services that are tied to the VivoKey platform, Vault being one of them.

7 Likes

We look forward to it. I’ll make a note of that so we don’t needlessly transfer all our passwords and everything over.

1 Like

I implemented support for KeepassXC, see

2 Likes

Bump 1

I am hoping any votes in this poll, MIGHT help steer the direction or at least help prioritise the order of applets considered for development :man_shrugging:

Link to poll in the top post

2 Likes

I see there haven’t been any commits to the PIV applet protocol in some time but is it available to test? @fraggersparks

Having fun with my apex, took a while to sort with iOS, lots of reading through threads on forum. OTP app working great with yubico-Auth. Any update of the bitwarden integration app ?

bitwarden server is annoying the way it works so we don’t have any plans at this time to integrate it :confused:

Ok - get it, I’ll make the move to KeePass on mass.

Reading the tech specs of P71D321 I see this

• Multi-application enabled by MIFARE FleX® with MIFARE® DESFire® EV2 up to 16KB and MIFARE Plus® EV1 up to 4KB (including MIFARE Classic® support)

also this
https://www.mifare.net/en/products/chip-card-ics/mifare-on-smartmx/

Does it means that there can be applet that instruct the Apex to act as a mifare desfire ev2 and/or mifare plus ev1 + classic ?

Also something very interesting is

• Configurable 7 Byte UID, 4 Byte Random ID or 4 Byte NUID

Did anyone researched this MIFARE FleX features ?

Generally this is a ROM mask option that is loaded for emulation. It has to be set at the time of manufacturer basically. Fidesmo P40 chips had my fair classic emulation turned on but there are issues with the emulation. For example, you cannot specify UID. That in itself is kind of annoying. I believe the p60 version had desfire emulation enabled, but I don’t believe the P71 version has any emulation option loaded. This was because the option burned up a lot of memory in the ROM mask and not a lot of customers or people were using it.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen this before. Seems new for the P71… though as I mentioned I don’t believe it’s enabled on the Fidesmo ROM mask for Apex.

1 Like

Probably a good time to bump this Poll / THREAD

My thought being, Amal and the Developers can use this Poll as a gauge to see what the customers want, and MAY focus their time on the frontrunners

But before I do that, Here’s an update on the progress,

ALMOST ALL HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED

Vivokey OTP

VivoKey U2F

VivoKey WebAuthn

VivoKey PGP

VivoKey NDEF

VivoKey NAK

BitCoin Wallet ( Not in the original list )

Vivokey GIDS * isn’t worth deploying at this time since Microsoft is abandoning it over Fido / azure…

Therefore The only remaining Applets on the original list are

• VivoKey KeePass (would need specific development outside of an applet and gids )

• VivoKey PIV

I would still like to see a KeePass at somestage, but it will probably be a lot of work and expensive to develop, so who knows if /when we will see that…

Does anybody have more suggestions of what you would like to see developed and added to the Vivokey APEX arsenal?

Just reply to my post, I will give it a couple of weeks and build another poll so the developers can keep an eye on it for ideas / inspiration…

If you don’t ask, you dont get

Put your thinking caps on

3 Likes

Monero wallet

3 Likes

Apple Home Key, Door Deck?

1 Like

Userfriendly hardwarewallets for at least BTC, ETH and XMR.

1 Like

Easy-to-use PIN-secured, encrypted storage with adjustable size for regular files

2 Likes

an eth wallet applet for apex already exists :slight_smile: