VivoKey Apex update

In case you’re working on the PGP applet, I look forward to 4096 bit PGP key support :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks!!
that is kinda relieving to read!

Although I assume they would, even through that process, still prevent my custom app to be the first instance to respond to a reader, right?
(I kinda can’t see any issue with that on my first thoughts, but can imagine that could be exploited)

1 Like

If anyone else has a bunq account:
I guess if we get enough upvotes on a feature proposal, they’ll at least have a serious look at it.

Here’s my Feature Proposal on bunq:

3 Likes

Yes, hello to you too. Welcome to the community.

Or do you just want to drop your clickbait here?

Jesus I hate online marketing…

EDIT: looks like it’s not advertisement after all, just a rude poster.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community

Have you voted?

did you actually click it?

2 Likes

Ah! Hehe, actually I didn’t. it looked so damn much like advertisement: guys pops in, doesn’t introduce himself and posts a link to something within minutes. I didn’t feel it was worth giving him the pleasure of swallowing the clickbait.

I stand corrected.

5 Likes

I read the “my proposal” part and hovered my mouse over the link and saw it mentioned VivoKey so I clicked… but yeah I thought it was sus too at first.

Unfortunately the banks are not the issue with contactless payment. Even if they wanted to (we’ve had many banks approach us), it’s still not possible because of MasterCard and Visa blocking it. They own their payment networks and they get to say what happens on their own networks… including what types of devices can participate.

2 Likes

You’d think the US government would have pulled the Sherman act on that cartel decades ago. Amazing… They would have in the past.

2 Likes

But why would they shoot their good good buddies in the foot like that? ha. ha ha. ha.

ugh.

5 Likes

Would it be possible if lots of banks would really support it? So, that they in a way apply pressure on MasterCard/Visa?
I had the idea of approaching my bank, too, because they are a pretty alternative and small bank and might be open-minded enough… and if the banks actually could change something if we get them “on our side”, it might be a good idea :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes, I have… I already have the VivoKey NDEF, VivoKey OTP and Tesla Not-A-Keycard installed on the VivoKey Flex One, so now I’m looking forward to the VivoKey PGP applet and VivoKey KeePass.

2 Likes

I thought the same, I didnt click the link, but rather copy and pasted and searched in a “private” browser, and followed through to playstore App, watched the video and read the comments (if they were self generated, they were pretty convincing)
Anyway long story short, it passed my spam test therefore not flagged or moved in the forum.

Comment and Playstore link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bunq.android

Oh, and welcome to the forumm @Hessel

4 Likes

I remember an article I read once about banks refusing loans to black people back when segregation was still a thing. A bunch of black people pooled their money and started loaning within their community. When the banks heard about it they promptly freaked out over the money they were losing and started writing loans.

We’ll never have our own system, but if there’s ever a crack in the wall of denial and payments become a thing, the Mastercard / Visa folks won’t be able to turn down the profits.

Gotta get up and running first. So, chicken or the egg?

2 Likes

Hence Walletmoor and any other conversion services :bulb:

5 Likes

naaa… NDAs and stuff… and also Mastercard told us to stop talking to banks because banks talk to Mastercard about implants too and they are tired of dealing with it.

Here’s what we’re up against gang… hold on because this is about our made up world of finance and “value”… and it’s bound to be frustrating as all heck to some of you… but let’s do Mastercard because they are #2 in the industry. Mastercard market cap as of today $309.326B based on stock price * issued stocks… made up imaginary value… but still for some reason people jump out of windows because of this made up nonsense.

The stated reason Mastercard does not want to work with implants at all is a potential PR scandal that would drag down the stock price, hence “lose value” with a lower market cap. Let’s say someone got a payment implant and died… and Mastercard was implicated as the murdering party because they promote devil implant chips… a total PR clusterfuck, but not outside the realm of possibility… particularly in the USA where people are spectacularly free to be absolute raging morons. So, back to stock traders… the easily spooked day traders panic and dump MA stock… the price drops… more traders get spooked and dump theirs to stem the imaginary losses, converting stocks to real dollars and in the process actually losing value (if they bought at a higher price)… but let’s say the aftermath is only a conservative 1% loss… that’s still $3.09326 billion dollars of “lost value”. You will never ever in your life see implant based device revenues get anywhere close to that “loss”.

This is the mindset of the people we’re trying to woo. It will never be “worth it” for them to take this risk when framed in the context we’ve been framing it. Therefore I am trying to flip the game a bit… I have plans… they are coming together slowly… but I think we might have a path forward. It could take years to get to a general payment implant device policy with these guys, but that’s a path we’re already walking down.

13 Likes

I know it is incredibly naive, but seeing this whole market “imaginary value” shit makes me love the idea of fight club even more. Just blow up all banks and we’ll start something better.

Yeeees, I know it wouldn’t work. Not the least bit. But I just love the idea :wink:

6 Likes

So what you are saying is, its not that mastercard is against the idea of implants, they are just afraid of being on the wrong side of the mob of crazies that just so happen to have the power to lose them a ton of money…

do i have this right?

2 Likes

such an ominous sounding sentence

5 Likes