Waiting for Proxmark3 RDV4 to appear

Im totally new to all RFID research and im currently setting up my proxmark3 rdv4. I keep getting stuck at this step even though the proxmark3 rdv4 is connected.

pm3 ~/proxmark3$ ./pm3-flash-all
[=] Waiting for Proxmark3 to appear…

all help is appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

Are you on Windows?

Did you try The Button Trick?

You may also try individually flashing the bootrom and then the fullimage

can you describe the way you’re flashing, are you on a windows system using proxspace? WSL? virtual machine?

if you’re on linux have you removed modemmanager?
given yourself accessrights to dialout?

1 Like

open Device Manager on Windows to ensure the device is not appearing as an alternative COM port when it boots into the bootloader

2 Likes

sorry for the late reply, got busy at work. all it says is access denied

1 Like

i’m on windows, i think i pressed the button too many times because the red LED light is on at the letter A

1 Like

Can you tell us a bit more about what you’ve tried so far?

What set-up guide are you following?

1 Like

Following this one Getting started with the proxmark3 easy and every time i type “./pm3-flash-all” it says “[=] Waiting for Proxmark3 to appear…”. I tried the button trick but i definitely messed up because there’s only one LED light on when i plug it in.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have too much experience with the PM3 on windows, but if I were in your shoes at this point I would remove all my PM3 files and start over from scratch following this guide:

2 Likes

thanks for the help

1 Like

If you have any more issues, I’ll be glad to offer what little help I can :classic_tongue:

And I’m sure others on the forum who have setup the PM3 more than me will chip in again as time permits

And if they don’t I’ll bug 'em until they do

1 Like