What implant do i need for this reader?

Hi. i see there are mant diffrent implant. would like something that work for my door at work, and one that works like mt bank card, guess i need two then? i took pictures of the reader at work. and i use a keychane thing for the reader.

1 Like

That ASSA Pando Secure reader looks identical to the Axis A4011-E. And it supports several types of high frequency chips. So try scanning your card or fob with your phone and NFC TagInfo, this should give you an idea of the credentials that the system is using.

2 Likes

Thanks. i took a screenshot of the info i got.

1 Like

Well, good news, It looks very much like a Mifare 1k implant would be compatiable for your work reader.
xM1
FlexM1
FlexMN
FlexMT

How I came to this conclusion:-
From your scan, the indicators are
FE:CA:A4:E1 ( 4 Byte ID )
MF (Mifare)
1 (1k)
S50 (the chip type)
Re-Used (old) Non-Unique ID (pretty much the definition of this chip)

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: But i see the xM1 is out of stock. will any of the other ones work that are not the flex type? (flex type just look so painfull and hard to get in)

I am not the best person to comment but from what I have heard the Flex variants have better range, are easier to scan, and are not significantly harder or more painful to have implanted.

1 Like

As for the question about your bank card, that is a lot harder. Where do you live?

That is a fair assumption, but speaking from experience, there is very little difference you will feel from the installation between an xSeries and a Flex.
However
It is SLIGHTLY more difficult for the installer
You need SLIGHTLY longer after care
There are NOT QUITE as many locations you can install it.
BUT
What you do get with a Flex over an xSeries is the performance/ coupling / range increase I mentioned in my earlier post.

For your particular reader, I see the “RF” antenna symbol is in the middle of the keypad. With a full sized card, you could probably just slap it anywhere on the reader and it will probably just read and work. The antenna is actually more likely to be around the perimeter but that is not a certainty; also with protruding buttons you may not be able to get your xM1 close enough to the reader to couple reliably…if at all.
Whereas a FlexM1 would give you a better chance of getting a read.

All of this is just theoretical of course, and just speaking from my own experience.
I would hate for you to wait for an xM1 and it struggled to work with the reader.
Don’t get me wrong, the xM1 is great, but for your specific use case, I would personally recommend the FlexM1.

I know I know, the FlexImplants look intimidating, but they are really very easy to install and use.
The xM1 uses a 3mm needle, the Flex custom needle is only 2mm larger.

We here on the forum will answer any questions around suggested install locations, how to set up your implant and will help you to find an installer or at least point you in the right direction; you simply need to:-

• buy the implant
  • go to installer
  • look away / Breathe in/ breathe out
  • become one of us

:wink:

IIRC, the xM1 is a 3mm implant and it comes with an 8 gauge needle that’s 4mm thick. While no one likes big needles, a 5mm one doesn’t sound too bad. However, I don’t have any flex implants… Yet…

1 Like

Very good point ol’ bean.
Right you are

That’s something I wish I had thought of before getting the xM1. The difference in needle size is small, but the benefits a flexie would give are massive

1 Like