What is the shelf life of the Titan sensing biomagnet?

Hello, I just recently purchased a Titan biomagnet and I wanted to know how long it could set on the shelf before I had it professionally implanted. I know that the magnet is supposed to last for years in the body, but the sterilization of the magnet is unlikely to remain for years on the shelf. I intend to have it installed between 6 months to a year.

In an effort to increase shelf life, would it be a good idea to place the box in an air-tight bag with oxygen absorbers, vacuum seal the bag, then place that bag in the fridge to inhibit bacterial growth?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sterilization can last for up to 5 years as long as the sterilization pouch remains sealed and isn’t subjected to mechanical stress or excessive handling.

Leave it in it’s original packaging, its well protected as is.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering my question.

I live in a hot climate. My house can sometimes get well over 100 degrees F before I get back to turn on a cooler. Should I worry about that?

You could always leave it in the freezer I suppose. I don’t think the glue sealing the packaging will care about levels of cold one would find in a freezer. Now heat on the other hand… Glue hates heat. Just don’t take it in and out frequently, or everything will get wet from condensation.

1 Like

I’d place it in an airtight container with a desiccant bag in that particular case.

2 Likes

I would just leave it out. Temperature cycling between the extreme of the freezer and ambient even once or twice will do more damage to the sterilization pouch then a few hundred cycles from 30-40°C and back. Just leave it in the box in a closet or something that doesn’t get direct sunlight, and don’t open the box or handle the pouch.

3 Likes

It’s a good point.

1 Like

Also in the worst case, it should be possible to sufficiently sterilize it with chlorhexidine. You could even do a multi-stage bath, like alcohol then chlorhexidine. I did that to one of my xG3s and it didn’t have any problems. As long as you don’t have it autoclaved it’ll be fine.

2 Likes